Hello from Sea Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sea Isle

My name is Robbie Brignac, and Im relatively new to the site. I grew up fishing the Grand Isle/Fourchon area of Louisiana before moving to the Houston area out of college.

I live in Sugar Land with my wife and two daughters (one of whom is now a freshman at LSU). After Ike, I picked up a canal lot on Deaf Smith in Sea Isle and built a place on it for my parents and moved them over here from Baton Rouge this winter. I designed the house with a seperate living area on the top floor, so Im down there a great bit with the wife and kids as well.

Ive got a few buddies in JB and have been fishing the West Bay complex for a few years but only in the last year have I really started hitting it on a regular basis.

My Dad and I had a chance to go out with Thomas (Texxan1) on a guided trip back in December and he was VERY helpful in getting me more comfortable around the Condederate/Jones/Greens area of the bay...and area I hadnt fished that much. He is also a wealth of information if you want to target reds, something I hadnt done up until this year.

I recently started my own residential construction and design company (GREAT timing, right?).....Brignac Builders. While most of my background is in industrial design/constuction....Im having a blast doing residential (and without making this too much of a commercial.....I also do residential remodels, no matter how small the job)

Being in Sea Isle, Im really excited about John's progress on refurbishing the marina. If you havent been by there in a few months, its worth a look. I also look forward to meeting more of you in the coming months.

I have a white and canary yellow Blue Wave Pure Bay 2200 so if you see me on a shoreline....feel free to say hello.

Robbie Brignac
    Brignac Builders
    281-723-8043

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hi Robbie. My brother is on Deaf Smith-he's the second house from main canal and has the older Robalo hanging in his lift-I think I've seen you putt by. Welcome to FWE!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Was that you guys neck deep in the canal.....working on the bulkhead/dock this past weekend? If it was....my brother and I were the ones that idled past ....and made the comment about water filling up my waders.

In any case, thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Welcome! seems Sea Isle is full of WEAs.

Comment

Welcome !!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome to FWE

Comment

Welcome Aboard! You are my lucky 3000th post......You will be blessed with bountiful catches all year!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the marina compliment! where did your kids go to school in sugar land?

Comment

We are in First Colony....near St. Laurence. Both kids went to Colony Bend Elem, First Colony Middle, and Clements HS.

My youngest is in 7th grade at FCMS.

Comment

Hey Robbie, Welcome to FWE.. Where its kewl ALL the time...
                      Capt. Thomas Barlow
                      281-827-6815
                      www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Nope, maybe 2-3 months ago when brother was getting deck/lift rebuilt, the workers were swimming in canal landing pilings. All done for awhile now. I think I've seen ya motor past when I was over at brothers working on the robalo or futzin around.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Welcome!
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

welcome
                            Captain Glenn Stevens
                            Coastal Guide Service
                            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Great to have another expatriate Louisianan here. But LSU? Yuck! - Sandy (Tulane class of '97)
                              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                              X