New to website and in need of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to website and in need of advice

I'm new to this site but have been following previous posts. We launch at the 2004 bridge and fish up and down the bayou and into the bay. Just looking for some advice on where to fish in Chocolate bay/bayou. Thanks for the help.

Welcome, Im pretty new myself but check out the post "first time fishing chocolate by Thibodaux a few days ago in the chocolate bay/bayou forum it has some good advice and get the map discussed there. Good luck, wish I had more to pass on.

Comment

It's aight, thanks a bunch.

Comment

WELCOME !! I haven't fished Chocolate much either . You can read my report 11-20-2010 in the KAYAK FORUM about my trip last Saturday for what it's worth .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          WELCOME !! I haven't fished Chocolate much either . You can read my report 11-20-2010 in the KAYAK FORUM about my trip last Saturday for what it's worth .
          Yeah. But don't believe anything he said about me!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome to the FWE Forum.

I have been fishing Chocolate for the past three years and I am still learning "new" areas. Both the bayou and the bay are full of holes, reefs and shorelines that have produced fish for decades.

The best advice I can offer is to buy a map, get out there on a regular basis and pay attention to where other people are fishing. A lot of guys still fish the areas their Dad or Grand Father took them to as kids.

Secondly, participate on the FWE Chocolate forum and post your reports (good or bad). None of mine have been spectacular yet. Once a lot of these guys pick up your interest in the area, they will pleased to help you along.

bouy

Comment

Thanks for the advice, going out this Sunday to Chocolate.

Comment

welcome!! x2 on what bouy37 said.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

rackemup,

I'll be up in the bayou Sunday morning. If you see a 14 ft Alumacraft with FWE decals, stop by and say hi. My name is Jason. I will be with my wife.

bouy

Comment

Working...
                  X