Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Rain

i'm off tomorrow and planned to wade-in on ss. it's a haul for me to get to the island so i like to fish all day regardless of the conditions but i was wondering if it was even worth it to be out early with the water temps in the lower 50s since i can't get out to deeper water. figured the fish would be stacked up deeper and off the shorelines all day possibly. only one way to find out so I guess I"ll go.

what do you think about this heavy rain though? for all the fishing experts, does heavy rain or other freshwater inflows into the bay effect the fishing similar to the cold or super low tides stacking the fish up, and is one day of heavy rain enough?

i'm sure this is only the first of many dumb questions i'll bring to the board but you never know unless you ask so sorry in advance. Been fishing all my life and in the salt for 10 years and still know just enough to be dangerous.

hope everyone is staying dry tonight.

The water temps are almost 60 in West Bay, and they're forecasting SE wind 10-20 and temps in the low 70's. If you're talking about West bay the run off from the rains will have no affect at all. It may be ON in the morning. I'd hit Dana, Sportsman's, or Offats at the airport.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

X2 on what Kenny said. The rains will have no run off effect.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thx kenny, pimp. Just out of curiosity is that bc wb is just not susceptible to runoff or bc it takes a lot more than one day of heavy rains to have any effect?

Kenny, are you talking about fishing that flat at the end of airway lane for offats? Never fished there bf, hit up sportsmans and Dana fairly often but wife has the suv so no yak with me this time and was worried offats was too deep to wade.

With the water and air temps up is it worth it to be out bf the sun or better to sleep in and have a nice breakfast?

Thx guys.

Comment

West Bay is not very susceptible to runoff, however it will effect some areas. But it takes a lot more than what we had to really have any effect.

If your really trying to learn then I say go before the sun comes up. Learn the area you decide to fish, know what your tide is doing at the time you are there. Be very observant to signs of bait. More time on the water in a area gives you more time to learn it. It can be just as good in the dark as it is during the day weather it is cold or not. It all depends on when they decide they want to eat. Also don't be scared to fish shallow, you might be surprised what you find up skinny even when it gets cold.

Comment

all good advice
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Great info! Wish I had today off!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
              X