A Funny Way To Start The Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Funny Way To Start The Morning

I ran up to Confederate this morning about 7:30. As I motored even with the first house, I see this fellow in a Carolina Skiff to my left and he's pointing back in the direction I'm going. Since he and I are the only boats I figure he's pointing out where he's hitting fish.
    He hollers something and I can't understand it, so I cut my engine and he starts screaming at me asking if I saw the waders.
    I look ahead and to the right and there are a couple of guys next to one of the piers. They pretty much blended in with the pilings.
    I yelled back that no, I hadn't seen the waders and the guy is all hunched over and seething mad!
    I was laughing my arse off by now, and all I could think to do was ask him if he got up on the wrong side of the bed!
    I hope the guy got to relax some fishing, he really needed to......lol

BTW if you are wading the channel at Confederate in front of the piers, don't be surprised if people run through there on plane.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

I agree. I almost ran over some guys down in POC. They should at least wear bright orange cap or something to stand out. The guys I almost ran over were next to a piling and in water chest deep and very early in the morning.

Comment

I run through there on plane all the time too, but with you I'm starting to see a pattern develope...just sayin!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I'm a wader and I give waders as much room as I can when I'm in the boat, but sometimes I may get closer than I would otherwise if I had seen them sooner.

I don't run on plane usually around Confederate, especially on holiday weekends with boats, waders , and kayakers scattered everywhere!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
          I run through there on plane all the time too, but with you I'm starting to see a pattern develope...just sayin!
          The similarity to the crabber with the mean streak in the s.shoreline coves is starting to sound like there may be something more here with Kenny

Comment

Get Kenny to post up his old south shore line story from 4 or 5 years ago where he went in one of the coves and the guy had a sail or long line out and .......
            Last edited by JimD; January 1, 2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X