Saturday fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday fish?

I'm trying to talk myself into wading out this coming Saturday morning, maybe near Dana Cove or Sportsman's road. I'm trying to get out ahead of the cold snap and the rain.
    Whadyya think? Any advice?
    Also, is it too cold for topwaters?
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Yeah topwaters can/will work, if not bring some plastics or corkys. I wouldn't go to sportsmans on a weekend..

Comment

If you get a clear weather window take it. Pre-Front fishing can be awesome! Not too cold for tops at all. I might be out there for a bit as well if the weather cooperates.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Winter time can be hit or miss with topwaters. 2 days ago they were all over Dpop's topwater but he had alot of surface activity around him and alot of feeding going on. This morning I had one blowup and that was it! The difference? No bait movement anywhere....
        If you get down to your spot and see surface activity such as jumping or nervous Mullet I would say tie one on and see what happens. Topwaters will work in the winter time but keep the retreive slow and don't be affraid to make long pauses in your retreive. Definatly take some soft plastics and a few slow sinks.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

dana's was too clear today. didn't see one mullet. water was 56 degrees.
          m

Comment

Ooh! Thanks Michelle!
            Maybe I'll spend the morning insulating my pipes instead. Unless anyone has suggestions for a walk-in.

Comment

Anybody have any walk-in suggestions for a Saturday morning wade?

Comment

Good luck and they are still hitting my top water,you got to watch the water temp!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Michelle pegged it. The water was beautiful and clear. I waded with a friend from 6:30 to noon without a bite. It was a bit windy, but I've fished in worse. It was a beautiful day, but I wish I'd remembered to use sunscreen!

Comment

Need to find BAIT activity and stay there !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Yeah. Never saw any bait in the water. I did get to practice with my corky!

Comment

Working...
                      X