No announcement yet.

The Plugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked it out from our local library, liked it so much went and bought it from Barnes and Noble in the Texas section

Comment

Good book!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Obviously I've been there and done that.....a couple of times I've had an old timer come up to my truck who knew Rudy when fishing down south and talk about him. He was a one of a kind....those were different days in regards to the meat hauls . He inspired my moniker ....unfortunately that's all we have in common !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I actually have a first edition hardcover signed by Rudy.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Great read. I have read it many times and fished with one of the guys that is pictured in the book and fished out of his boat that is in the book. Puts a lot in perspective about why we need the conservation efforts.
            It is a MUST READ!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Read it, couldn't put it down, I bought it from hookset

Comment

A must read I've read it 3 r 4 times. I have a copy and will bring it to you Sandy

Comment

I would like to read the book after Sandy.....

Originally posted by TRP150 View Post
                  A must read I've read it 3 r 4 times. I have a copy and will bring it to you Sandy

Comment

I have it at the house in FW......Give me a shout and I can get it to you.
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

You can find many copies for purchase here:

Plugger: Wade Fishing the Gulf Coast by Grigar, Rudy and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com.
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

It is carried at Marburgers if one can't wait on ups.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                        X