Will you ever sell your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you ever sell your house?

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it?

That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc.

When did this happen? It's in the health care bill. Just thought you should know.

SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?

Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 if you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Does this stuff make your November and 2012 vote more important?

Oh, you weren't aware this was in the ObamaCare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

yea

i herd about that too...thats sux all i a have to say is that us poor folk are the ones that get the blunt of the blow and it is becoming to be poor class and upper class only ...middle class you can kiss it good bye...scarry to know

Comment

I don't agree with it, but...

Q: Does the new health care law impose a 3.8 percent tax on profits from selling your home? A: No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources. FULL QUESTION I received this e-mail: This should help stimulate the Real Estate market!

sticking it to people who sell vacation/investment/2nd homes in addition to the current capital gains tax. This is how you provide disincentives to the already slumping real estate market...way to go D-crats

Comment

This explains it pretty well. It isn't a real estate sales tax unless you are a "high income" tax payer. They set the bar on "high income" pretty low though... I hope they can repeal all of this arseclowns new taxes.

Comment

I had a BofA guy call me and complain about I didn't want to refinace my house and he wanted to know WHY!

I told him, I only have 6 years left and it is paid for. I do not want another 30 years of paying for it. He didn't understand, he was offering a better percentage rate! WHY wouldnt I borrow from him.

I think the Dem's are just trying to get rid of the middle class.

Comment

Simple solution-give California, Nevada and the NE to China (including Chicago)-that way the Commies as well as our crummy POTUS, Pelousy and Reid will feel at "Home" in Beijing. They are Commie Bastages that need to be outta office in the next election. I almost wave at every doomazz that has a OBAMA bumper sticker on their car-wave with one finger I mean-it just amazes me how stupid the average voter is. GD Californuts keep sticking their Liberal BS up our rears so we can support low-life scum that are living off the rest of society. Texas should secede from the "union" and close ALL it's borders-Yankees go home, Liberals go to China.

I hope I retire late this year so I don't keep supporting the "Peggy Joseph's" of this world-dang tired of seeing my taxes pay for scumbags.

Don't forget to voice your disdain for ObamaCare to your Senators and Reps-most have electronic email on their websites that afford you the opportunity to tell them to REPEAL OBamaCare or you'll vote for their opponent in the next election!!

Harry Reid says he'll stop any repeal-bombard the bastage with email on his website and tell him he may he needs to listen to AMERICANS and repeal ObamaCare when it hits the Senate and not to try to stop repeal.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Like Pelosi said.....We need to pass the bill so we can find out whats in it.

Comment

I think she needs to be passed, then flushed with the other turds in my toity.

Don't forget to wipe your Pelousy when finished or it may end up stinkin like Harry Reid.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Isn't it also nice that if you bought right before Ike in galveston and sold your house today, you'd lose lots of money and that loss is not allowed as any type of tax write-off, but if you make money selling you house you get hit with taxes (and now more GD taxes). Just is so unfair (fair if your name is Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid or Barack HUSSEIN Obama).

Comment

Working...
                    X