Extremely low tides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely low tides

Drove back from college station last night ready to fish. Was greeted this morning with terribly low tides. Went to fatboys early and there was one boat already stuck in the mud on the shallow side and an 18ft gulfcoast on the other side pulling his boat out because he said he couldnt make it to the channel. Drove across the causeway to the other ramp. Saw a guy launch but had to back his trailer off the concrete to get his boat to float. We are in a 19 ft Sea Hunt. We could have gotten it off the trailer but worried about getting it back on later. The tide is supposed to come back in this afternoon but I dont know if it would have been enough. Checked out the ramp in offats and it looked sketch too. So we came back home. Great day. Dry boat and nothing to clean
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

thanks for the info.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

It has been low all week, the tides are coming back up mid day to afternoon. Mornings have been interesting though..
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

That's the reason I launch in a dredged channel. Another reason why the Gator-Tail thrives on days like today

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
          Drove back from college station last night ready to fish. Was greeted this morning with terribly low tides. Went to fatboys early and there was one boat already stuck in the mud on the shallow side and an 18ft gulfcoast on the other side pulling his boat out because he said he couldnt make it to the channel. Drove across the causeway to the other ramp. Saw a guy launch but had to back his trailer off the concrete to get his boat to float. We are in a 19 ft Sea Hunt. We could have gotten it off the trailer but worried about getting it back on later. The tide is supposed to come back in this afternoon but I dont know if it would have been enough. Checked out the ramp in offats and it looked sketch too. So we came back home. Great day. Dry boat and nothing to clean
          Yes Sir I agree, a Pal from my work and I lanched out of FB's yesterday around 9am.. It was the lowest tide I'd ever seen there. The channel running out to the Causeway showed only 3ft and sometimes less on my depth finder, it was spooky. The tide did return around 2 but only about a foot. We were Lucky to get my 19ft Bluewave back on. I really don't know West enough to run about so we fished the Causeway / Campbells and Galv Channel areas with no success. Saw a few boats in those areas too and no one was hooking up.

Also I think I saw Scott ( GBS) and Ron Howard @ the ramp, they had a hard time too getting out of FB's ramp to the channels. Hope they did better than we did, heck they would have had to we had a Big Fat Zero. Err...
          A good note was the Motor ran smooth and no leaks in the boat. I'm on my 2nd bottle of Stabil and it appears to really help with the fuel.

As they say ( Next time ) but we need our water back......

wd

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            That's the reason I launch in a dredged channel. Another reason why the Gator-Tail thrives on days like today

Do you use the flatbottom/gatortail year round or exclusively for gettin in back shallow lakes/bays?

Comment

If anyone needs a far West tide report, give me a call. I'm headed out there momentarily and I'll be out there 'til the weigh in. Though I don't want to post my number up, most of the standard crew here has it. PM them and they have my permission to give you my number. - Sandy
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                If anyone needs a far West tide report, give me a call. I'm headed out there momentarily and I'll be out there 'til the weigh in. Though I don't want to post my number up, most of the standard crew here has it. PM them and they have my permission to give you my number. - Sandy
                Call or TEXT! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                  Call or TEXT! lmao
                  Text lol!J/K Sandy!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Text and you will not get a tide report. You will get a bad attitude from me. If I want a text, I'll string up my telegraph.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Farge it! When ya'll use non-text like dashes and dots, the text editor removes all the spaces between the characters. So:

Di Dah Di Dit, Dah Dah, Dit Dah, Dah Dah Dah !!!

Have a good time, may see ya'll at the weigh in.

Text and you will not get a tide report. You will get a bad attitude from me. If I want a text, I'll string up my telegraph.
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Tides are very low for where they should be in the cycle and moving out fast. I'm picking up VJER at the dock in the AM, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it into the KOA unless something changes. About a 10 mph wind out of the SSW. Pretty night, good supper, warm in the camp.

Got a big pot of my special green beans on the stove for the rest of the weekend.

Comment

Tides are super low. The 2nd lowest I've ever seen out here. I can't even get my boat off the dock. I'm stranded . . . . but I have beer.

Comment

Tides are super low. The 2nd lowest I've ever seen out here. I can't even get my boat off the dock. I'm stranded . . . . but I have beer.
                            Mmmm beer....
                            Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

If you didn't have a tunnell hull boat you were trapped in the diversionary this morning!
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X