2011 Day 2 Crab Trap Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Day 2 Crab Trap Cleanup

Ran down to Greens today and picked up the ones that I couldn't get to yesterday. Thankfully we had more water today. Wound up finding another 26 to go with the ones from yesterday -- Makes the grand total so far 40. We let loose lots of crabs and small fish. I don't think I'll ever get all the mud and slime off my rig!! Makes it all worth it though when you see first hand how much damage an abandoned trap can do. Had one today with about 10 dead crabs in it and one yesterday with a dead water turkey in it. Here's some pics from today..
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Nice job taking the time to collect all those traps.

Comment

Great job Mike
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Mike u da crabtrap mann!Yeheeeeeeeeeeee!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

What's wrong with these people that they can't keep up with their gear? I've been using crab traps my entire life and the only ones I ever lost were when my camp blew away. Traps cost a lot of money too, $25-$35 a piece. How can the crabbers afford to lose this much gear?

Awesome job again Mike!
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

good job man.. thank you
            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Dang, GREAT JOB. You ROCK!!!

Comment

Thanks to you and your boys. Teaching um right.
                Children are pieces of our heart running around outside of our body.

Comment

Way to go, Mike. I wish more folks were as concerned about the bays as you are!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

thank you!! great effort.
                    michelle

Comment

Wow, what a second day! Considering the slogging we did Saturday on the south shore flats, ya'll are superhuman. Great job!
                      And thanks for the pics!
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

WTG, IBTSOOM!! "Thank you" to you and the others that did the clean-up.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Like everyone else...thanks so much for your effort
                          sigpic

Comment

Great job and really cool pics!
                            Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

It's still going on all week & next weekend! So if you see any stop & pick it up!
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X