@!#$%! Crab Traps -- Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @!#$%! Crab Traps -- Day 3

Was gonna take a break today but my 9 year old talked me into going to Halls Bayou to look for more traps. I figured there couldn't possibly be that many in there... WRONG!! I started at the 2004 ramp and ran out through Halls Lake into Chocolate. Picked up another 25 traps today!!! We're up to 65! I gotta go back to work so I can rest!! My photographer (wife) had to work today so I didn't get quite as many pics -- there all starting to meld together anyway.. Here's a few from today...
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Sandy -- at 35$ each that's over 2G's worth of traps! I don't know what they're thinking either. I can understand the ones that I find washed up in the marsh but the whole strings I find abandoned just as they were placed don't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by Ibtsoom; February 21, 2011, 07:19 PM. Reason: crappy grammar
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

thanks for hittin my stomping grounds your a good man for helping out!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Great job! I am surprised you didn't get some sort of award for most traps turned in. Way to keep the bay clean and free of debris!
        If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Your getting old at 65 buddy!lol......outstanding jobe!
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Don't know how y'all do it. In all my meanderings around SLP, Christmas, and Bastrop Bay, I've only seen one abandoned trap, just ONE. How many under-sized crabs you reckon those fellers have to sell to make up for all the gear they leave all over the place?
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Great work Mike
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go Mike and family.

You guys have really been doing a most excellent deed. I wish I would have spent my weekend following your lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                    Sandy -- at 35$ each that's over 2G's worth of traps! I don't know what they're thinking either. I can understand the ones that I find washed up in the marsh but the whole strings I find abandoned just as they were placed don't make any sense to me.
                    Wow, and I made the comment about being superhuman for your Sunday effort. Speechless...

Ya think that maybe the "trappers" haven't paid attention to the TPWD notice that traps needed to be pulled before the 17th? That they think the stringer is still there?
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

WOW!! WTG! Thanks-that's a helluva lot IBTSOOM!!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That's a lot of traps. Great job.
                        Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Thanks.You did a great job

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
                            Wow, and I made the comment about being superhuman for your Sunday effort. Speechless...

Ya think that maybe the "trappers" haven't paid attention to the TPWD notice that traps needed to be pulled before the 17th? That they think the stringer is still there?
                            I'd say from the amount of moss growth on most of those strings that they've been there for at least several months without being fished..

Thanks for all of the kudos guys.. We enjoy helping out and the kids are learning a lot about preserving the resource and having a blast doing it!!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Very nice job.Thanks
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X