West End Anglers 2011 Charity BBQ Cook Off - March 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West End Anglers 2011 Charity BBQ Cook Off - March 19th

Ok folks, we are good to go, and here it is!

Send me your email addy via PM and I'll send you the information,
    If you have already signed up, you are good to!

To sign up;
    All entries must be paid via Paypal to roger.robinson2@bp. com or by Mail No later than March 11, 2011 If paying by check, Send check to Roger Robinson, 2702 8th Ave N. Texas City, TX 77590
    *** For payment via Paypal, please include 2.9% + 0.30

Click image for larger version

Name:	FWE Cook Off.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	568563

Meat N the Hole is IN.

Comment

Well brang me yo cash bro!

Comment

Get signed up WEA's. We need more teams. Great people, great cause! Lets' get cookin'!!!
        Shawn

Comment

this sounds like a cool deal. we need to get a team in guys.

Comment

Team FWE has two spots for this great event! Be prepared for a fun Friday & Saturday!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

And a hurtin' Sunday morning!!!!

Comment

FWE was looking at getting & band for Friday &/or Saturday. This was our plan all along. If all goes to plan that is still what I want to do. I understand someone was also looking into bands etc. Please PM me so we can schedule one on Friday one on Saturday etc. I don't want to overlap with live music if we can avoid it.

We are bringing a HUGE circus type style tent out to the event, we have two spots, FREE FOOD so stop by the FWE tent & grab you some good food, listen to some live music & down some alcohol because its going to be one heck of an event.

I have talked to a few of you guys about the event, get with Roger aka TINY about registering. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

If we need to setup online credit card processing for the Cook Off registration I am sure I can get that up & running I just need Tiny to chime in on that for approval.

Can't wait! Look forward to seeing everone!

Comment

Are you sure this can be pulled off without BH and the biggest and bestest webmaster of all times?

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeachbum View Post
                    Are you sure this can be pulled off without BH and the biggest and bestest webmaster of all times?
                    I'm your huckleberry

Comment

I'll still be there with my clan and I'm still available to help with judging if need be.
                      When was the last time you took a FATman fishing? WELL THAT'S TOO LONG!

Comment

Cook Off Rules

Each Spot costs $160, which includes entries into all three catagories.

If you want a personal pot-o-can for your site, they are $45 each

A spot is roughly a 30' x 30' area.

Everybody and Anybody Can enter this cook off, we Will Not discriminate, heck man, we are letting Gilbert enjoy the fun too..

Rules.
                        1) All entries must be paid via FWE Store, Paypal to roger.robinson2@bp.com or by Mail No later than March 11, 2011
                        If paying by check, Send check to Roger Robinson, 2702 8th Ave N. Texas City, TX 77590
                        *** For payment via Paypal, please include 2.9% + 0.30 (See Chart)

2) Check in and Set up will be on Friday, starting at 9:00 AM, All teams must check in by 3:00 PM.

3) Beef Brisket, Chicken and Pork Spare Ribs must be inspected prior to seasoning. No pre-cooked or
                        salted meat will be allowed. (Meat will be inspected between 3:PM and 6:PM)

4) Multiple Entries are Allowed. (Spots)
                        It is required that a Minimum of 10 pounds of Beef Brisket is cooked per Paid Entry. (Spot)
                        Chicken and Spare Ribs are both optional.
                        ** The number of entries on Chicken and Ribs cannot exceed the number of Brisket entries paid for
                        per team.

5) All cooking must be done with wood or wood substance, no Gas or Electric cooking.
                        **No holes or Dug Pits Allowed.

6) All food is to be prepared on site.

7) A team consists of a Chief Cook, and whoever else you want on your team.

8) Chief Cooks are responsible for their team members, their guests and their cook sites.
                        ** This includes clean up and trash disposal

9) Cooking teams must supply all their own supplies, including trash maintenance/disposal.

10) Only the food being judged will be put in the provided container for judging, no garnishes allowed.
                        Any "contaminated" containers turned in will not be judged. No foil, no greenery, etc…

11) Judging times will be posted at the park. An official cook off clock will be used to facilitate judging activities.
                        All food samples will be requested (10) Minutes before the designated time, all entries must be received at the
                        judging area before the designated time.
                        ** NO SAMPLES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER SET JUDGING TIME

12) Judging will be done on a Ten Point System, All Categories will be on first cut judging. No Second Cuts.
                        *** All containers will be Identical, It is the Chief Cooks reponsibility to insure that his/her containers are not
                        damaged or marked in Any way prior to turn in. If a container is damged prior to turn in, it may be replaced.

13) Decisions of the Committee Chairman and Judges are Final.

14) FishWestEnd.com, VFW Dickinson, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Shriners North America, and all cook-off committee members are Not Responsible
                        for Any Loss, Damage, Injury or Illness that might or possibly could occur during the contest.

*** Chief Cooks Meeting at 9:00 AM Saturday March 19th.
                        Last edited by Tiny; February 22, 2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Online registration - available

For ease of registration & to make things move smoother. We have setup a store item on our secure online store.

All registrations for the Cook Off made on the website will be just as good as if they were directed at Roger aka TINY and sent to his mailing address.

If you want to pay via Credit Card and register online. Please do so using our online store. I will cut one big check to Roger & Shriners at the conclusion of the event.

Comment

Woo Hoo! Way to pull it together guys!!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Put me on Dbar's team...

Comment

Working...
                              X