A True Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A True Hero

With all the generosity flowing thoughout the group to help the Shriners organization, I wanted to bring a story to light that my wife came across Sunday.

As many of you know, there was a 4-alarm fire at the Emerald Shores Apartments in Seabrook Saturday morning. My wife was called in to aid in the recovery and help try to make sense of the tragedy. Part of what she had to do was to interview displaced residents that lost there home and everything in it. While these interviews were being conducted by her and a few others, four seperate stories were told about a man running door to door while on fire to alert his neighbors of the danger. Piecing the seperate accounts together, it seems the hero knocked on four buning doors before making his way to the pool and jumping in. His name is Val.

Currently, he in a medically induced coma at UTMB in Galveston with burns on 80% of his body. His amazing story has gone untold due to the Jessica Tata daycare fire. To my knowledge, his only family has made a trip in from California to be with him, his Mother. My wife and a few of her coworkers made a trip to UTMB to visit Val and his Mother. She is worried that he will be soon forgotten. Donations are pouring to help those that lost all there belongings, but what about our hero Val? The guy saved the lives of his neighbors before addressing his burning body.

Definately a Hero, and if it weren't for you posting this we probably would have never known.

God Bless Val for what he did.

Comment

Wow! God bless that man!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wow,,unbelievable I would have never known about this.....thanks for posting.

Comment

Godspeed to him and the medical staff. That's the kind of man we hope we'd be in such situation.

Comment

Wow i knew about the fire but not the hero!God bless him and a speedy recovery!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
            X