San Antonio bay fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio bay fishing

Yakked out to one of my favorite spots mid bay. Drifting 5-6 feet off the channel .. Water tempature 68 degrees clarity was off. This is day 2 which was better than day 1 for me.
    Day 1 ...3 reds to 25 inches. 8 trout barely legal .
    Day 2.... Really located fish there were two pods of fish landed 29 trout legal trout to 20 inches ... Countless undersize. Seem like almost 30 minutes everycast produced a fish for each school.
    Funny thing though I'm sitting the hotel been here for awhile watching guides come in boat after boat with 4,5 people on it.... Numbers don't look good... Regardless that's why it's called fishing not catching. Today I did some catching but next trip who knows
    Last edited by reelshallow; March 4, 2011, 07:10 PM.

I threw the chicken on chain minnow

Comment

Nice fishing! I'd ask where San Antonio bay is, but I couldn't get there since I don't have a boat!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I fished outta a kayak ... Seadrift

Comment

Great report now post up some pics.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

x2
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Good catching buddy!!!

Comment

It was a last minute midweek run down here...I barely brought my rods... I have few pictures I'll post up when I'm back.... I'm still here can't figure out how to post from phone

Comment

I have many a good trout from around that area espcially Steamboat Pass. Good job.

Comment

i fished pre front this morn glass calm conditions til about 9 am...landed 5 trout to 22 inches i was wading throwing a bone spook jr with my touch of class i throw red treble hooks on them....i just got home from seadrift from couple days ago.... much needed sleep coming my way...All and all one of the best trips in years

Comment

Working...
                    X