468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flounder Gigging Trip + 1 nights stay @ Blockade Runners for 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder Gigging Trip + 1 nights stay @ Blockade Runners for 2!

Sandy (Coachlaw) has teamed up with Bert (2112) they have offered up a gigging trip for 2 lucky anglers (high bidders) on his flounder boat, bring your own snacks & drinks on the boat. Coachlaw has offered up his place on the bayou for some food & a night at the camp!

Someone start me off with a solid bid!
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; March 5, 2011, 07:54 AM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

100.00 , should get it started.

Comment

Comment

Comment

For me, to be involved with this is intense on a very personal level. One I don't think I've ever shared here.

On November 4th, 2005 at approximately 03:00. My mother and two adopted brothers ( Who where children of a close family friend ) all died tragically in a house fire. The boys Cameron and Christian where 7 and 11 years old. I know this event has f*cked me up on a level that's hard to explain. It's definitely made me question my faith but I still try my best to poses and have a positive outlook. I used to be on the San Leon VFD, the DuPont Fire Brigade and held a National Certification for EMT-B all while holding down a full time job. With this experience, I've been involved with the tragedies and the hysteria that goes along with house / structure fires so after the event my family went through I turned in my turn-out gear and walked away from it. I tried but I just could not respond to a call with out dwelling on my mom and brothers and realized without anyone having to tell me that I had become a danger to me and my fellow first responders.

Once a year I like to try to do something for Shriner's. Usualy I strap on a bag of hot wheels to my Triumph Bonnevile and ride with a group during the Toy Run around Christmas to the hospital and when they bring out those poor burned kids that are wrapped up like mummies or you see the kids with their noses or ears burned off it will break your heart.

So in a nutshell, I am rooster proud to be a part off this and thanks for bidding. I will do my best to put you on large limits.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

The ride.

A old picture but the idea is clear...Muah.

Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I have no story of a personal connection with the patients that he Shriners take care of. I have however given most of my life to children. They are our future, no matter how damaged. Anything I can do to help these children, whether burned, or cancer ridden, or suffering from any other illness, I am proud to offer my small contribution.

Blockade Runners has been through a very difficult time. We've had Ike to rebuild from, and we've had to undertake the monumental task of removing the old camp from Churchill Bayou according to state rules. Through all this over the last 2 and a half years, the members of Fish West End have stood tall and offered their blood, sweat, and tears. Most that have visited have been regaled with the history of our location. You will learn the historical significance when you arrive. This is more than just a fishing and camping trip. You will be in a special place, enjoying something few have an opportunity to experience. We have a dock that offers fine fishing and a small armada of small craft (a pirogue and a kayak) that are at your disposal during your stay. Anything that I can do to give back to Fish West End, and also to benefit the fine and honorable work that the Shriners do for our children is simply an honor.

Last year at the BBQ Cookoff, a trip very similar to this went for over $900, but that was simply for a weekend at the camp. It did not includes a flounder trip. So bid up gentlemen and ladies. This trip includes a flounder trip by a legend of the board. He's quick to point out that he is not a guide, and he only does these sorts of things for charity, but we all know what kind of guy he is.

As for me, I am your humble servant. When you come on this trip, you will be invited to cast your bedrolls in your choice beds, enjoy an appertif, and a fine sunset, as well as any of the fine entertainments as we have available until the dark allows you to cast off with 2112 for parts unknown and your flounder reward. When you return, no matter how late, I will have a table prepared with whatever I can offord to supply. A Cajun style redfish (or drum) on the halfshell, VJER' Gumbo, and a Cajun Crab Boil are what I have in mind, but if you prefer another feast, I will follow your orders. Following your late supper, you will slumber in comfort. When you awake, I will also supply a fine breakfast for your next day. When you leave, I am certain you will have full bellies and fine remembrances of your time with 2112 and your time at Blockade Runners.

So let's see if we can't beat last years' bid of over $900 for this trip. It's more than flounder trip, it's an adventure, and a history lesson if you're not careful.

So will you beat last year's bid of over $900 for this trip?
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

$300.00.

Biggie
                It's Never Too Early To Panic

Comment

One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

Comment

WTG Guys!
                    $400

Comment

Keep it going! If I had the cash I'd go 1k!!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepsheader View Post
                        INCREDIBLE FIRST POST!

I see you too BigWater at 13 post. Way to be men.

Comment

I think it is very commendable for you guys to do this. Thank you for sharing your story with us 2112. I'm sure that is a very difficult thing to go through. Hope time has eased some of your pain.

Comment

Current bid is $400 - Randy
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

Comment

Working...
                              X