Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good news. get better soon vato.

Comment

Excellent news! More prayers sent for a speedy recovery! Keep us informed.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks Robalo, I'm on the Vancomycin since saturday,sheeet's tough on the veins. Makes the morphen burn when its injected a little.This infection sure moved fast, but seeing what an infection did to my friends james's arm, i was moving faster,heck i showed up at the hospital expecting to be here a while even had all my clothes and overnight kit,blow up doll and my own often prescribed medication.Even with 3-4 bags a day of antibotics being pumped in me the rednes or swelling has not went down in 4 days.Hopefully on the downhill slide now...
        Originally posted by Robalo View Post
        Sneeky:

I am giving my GF 2 rounds of IV per day for 6 weeks due to staph from back surgery. Watch that stuff-it can get septic very easily. You should be on vancomycin or Zyvox. keep an eye on it. Her surgeon has cut her open 4 times since initial surgery to irrigate and drain, plus a week in hospital. Needless to say, my fishing is non-existent now.

Comment

Sneeky:

I am glad they "found" it early. My GF is infected with Staph Aureus--surgery was 1/31 (L2-3 laminectomy and Diskectomy), on 2/8 and 2/9, we went to surgeon and said it's a mess, draining bad. Dr. Francis said bullchit, it's fine (she's had 3 surgeries in last year, plus 3 neck surgeries in last 5 years, so we know what to look for and aint stupid about infections). He's re-opened her incision 4 times now to irrigate and drain. She spent a week in hospital and just got out last Friday.

She has 4-6 weeks of IVs twice a day-each infusion takes 2-3 hours. They will give you packets of saline syringes, Heparin Syringes and what looks like Xmas ornaments/balls that are filled under pressure (like balloons) with vancomycin. You do S.A.S.H.-first sterilize the port, then flush with saline syringe (That's the first "S" in SASH), then hook up "Ball" of Antibiotics (That's the "A" in SASH) and wait -they say 90 minutes-bullchit, more like 2 hours, then when antibiotics are finished, flush port/pick with Saline again (that's the second "S" in SASH, then flush with Heparin Syringe (that's the "H" in SASH). Do it twice a day for 4-6 weeks. You are infected because Hospital was dirty-someone dint scrub right or dirty tools or sutures-no excuse for it. Too GD bad Tort Reform BS was ever passed-$250k limit I think?? These doctors and hospitals need the crap sued outa them-then maybe they'd be more receptive to making GD sure they were sterile when performing surgery-farging idiots.

Ask if it's MRSA (Methillin Resistant Staph Aureus)-if it is, then you have it real bad and it'd be HA-MRSA (Hospital Acquired MRSA). If she had MRSA, they'd put her in isolation is what I was told.

Don't believe all what doctor/surgeon says-make darn sure an infectious disease doctor is checking on it-her surgeon is a complete farging moron-I saw lab report from first re-opening (got scolded by charge nurse for going thru book in pre-op on 2nd re-opening for I&D) and saw Lab report dated 2/17 which showed staph aureus and SOB surgeon ignored it and never even told us-he was sure we were wrong-idiot. Her surgeon almost killed her. My brothers' wouldn't let me take my 9mm to room for a thorough cleaning while speaking to surgeon-sure wanted to.

You have a tough road to go and be sure to take care sterilizing port of pick and watch the pick for infection-that pick goes straight to heart, so can get real bad if gets infected. Good luck and watch out-ask for lab reports and ask WTF caused it.

Sorry that you have to go through this BS-count fishing out for next month or two-I am. Sorry dude.

I did get the AADE Tourney invite yesterday-Team 49 captain-you'll be good to go when it happens June 3rd!
          Last edited by Robalo; March 8, 2011, 12:15 PM.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Rick is out and at home, he came by my work and got some bbq for the night..
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Hes back. AADE we are in!!! We have two teams again this year.
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                Rick is out and at home, he came by my work and got some bbq for the night..
                Awesome news!
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yepp when i went and seen Rick that hand was swole,glad your home and get some rest!
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I got released yesterday afternoon. The infectious disease dr. and my surgeon both agree we caught it eatly enough that the antibotics were able to turn this thing around. Luckly no pick, like Robalo said the pick is very serious sheeet, I'm glad it has been reversed. it wasn't looking very good.the swelling is gone and no redness.I'm still on antibotics for another 14 days and have a follow up appointment tomorrow.I'll be back on the water shortly, scouting and running friends,I won't be able to hold a rod for at least 6-8 weeks....I'm on short term disability......so that means a lot of saltwater thearpy.Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.

Comment

Great News Sneeky. Maybe that lady practicing rod holding that Michelle posted about (Fockers) will volunteer to "hold your rod" for you!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'll be back on the water this Saturday in matagorda running my brother and nephew around and putting them on some good fish. I'm buying me a lefthanded reel today, so I can hold the rod in my right hand and reel with my left...I'm down,but I ain't out.The dr. said to work my fingers and thumb, just no lifting...I think reeling will be a nice work out for thumb and fingers...lets just call it thearpy of the circular motion.Like Guy Forstyh say's SHAKE IT in a CIRCULAR MOTION !!!!

Comment

Keep that hand clean Sneeky !

Comment

ill I'll be staying in the boat and my nephew will be un hooking all my fish. I'm mostly just going to be running the boat,fish a bit and rest...nothing too extreame...Be nice to spend some time on the water with my brother and nephew....

Comment

Shoot yeh i still rem.the trips to baffin with them >

Comment

Working...
                              X