Wallisville LOW tides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallisville LOW tides

I went out and ran Wallisville yesterday, let's just say nobody was following me and the tide was so low I had a lot of issues finding ways out & trying to stay safe & not get stuck even in my rig. I ran & stayed North of I-10 in the wildlife refuge to get some shots of gators in the area & to clear some new trails but that quickly changed when I learned how blown out it really was. I had some fun along the newly created pipeline mounds (they dredged & placed mud/shell/sand mixture in certain areas. I ran about 45 miles yesterday. The bought hit 33.4 MPH (top speed) however going down river with the current she hit 34.8

I could not be more happier, I port & polished the heads, added a performance cam, roller rockers & a Mikuni carb. I was not after speed but going from top speed of 29MPH to 33 is a great increase! Not to mention carrying a hunting or fishing load I can cruise at 29+ which was previously my top speed with just me in the boat.

If your able click on the video & watch it on YouTube, you'll be able to maximize the screen & choose 720P HD for best quality.

An interesting History note & I know Sandy will correct me if I am wrong but Capt. Jean Lafitte (famous pirate) made Wallisville & the areas I play near his home port. The ability to travel up the river & gain access to bay was a perfect harbor for him. They say there was a boat found or attempted to salvage out in Lake Charlotte which is just north of Miller Lake an area I was at yesterday. Lake Charlotte is all sand & has silted in because of all the water control going on now in that area.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

you going to get stuck in the mud sand mix.. lol take a shotgun when running up in the for a good porker.. up the old and lost I have a couple of buds that have traps on the islands way north of 10
    Head of the Spyglass Potlicker Club!

Darryl

Comment

Originally posted by waterspout View Post
      you going to get stuck in the mud sand mix.. lol take a shotgun when running up in the for a good porker.. up the old and lost I have a couple of buds that have traps on the islands way north of 10
      Here's one in Lost Lake...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hog.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	554011

Comment

we chased down two yotes up just outside of jacks pass in the air boat and my bud whom was driving layed one flat in about 10"s of mud... that yote got up and hauled A back into the grass and hid. I was going to pop a cap in it but bud was busy playing. got a couple of buds with places on the river, well did till ike. slowly gettting redone though. yep, anytime I'm up thjere a shotgun is with me. I like fresh pork!

Darryl

Comment

Illegal to shoot a hog on Wallisville Lake Project & illegal to carry a shotgun after noon... I would have blasted that hog but thought it wouldn't be legal...

Comment

I know the no rifle out there on the undived sections that are owned. never been told no shotguns. I'm sure some of the project is as it is permitted blinds etc. huuummm, guess I'll ask instead of rolling with the rednecks I run with.

you are talking norht of 10 though right?

Darryl

Comment

Use a hatchet or an axe don't need guns!!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by waterspout View Post
                I know the no rifle out there on the undived sections that are owned. never been told no shotguns. I'm sure some of the project is as it is permitted blinds etc. huuummm, guess I'll ask instead of rolling with the rednecks I run with.

you are talking norht of 10 though right?
                Yes... Here's a map of the Wallisville Lake Project...

Comment

hhuuumm those cove, dayton, boyz don't look at maps. actually we see them south of the line below the ramp and those ol boyz are north of that zone so either way. I still want me one of those cool toys you have. don't think my rigs will get that shallow, haha
                  and that thing is was quiter than that air boat

Darryl

Comment

Working...
                  X