10-year old lure entrepreneur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-year old lure entrepreneur

Below is an email I got from a friend in San Antonio. Really impressive that this 10-year old has started his own company. I don't really care if the lures work or not (I may never throw one), but will probably buy a couple to support this little guy.

Tight lines.
    Brian

http://www.fishgoldenlure.com

Email:

One on my co-workers has a 10 year old son who has gone into a business that we all dream of, SALTWATER FISHING!!!!

His name is Michael Wood and he's been raised to hunt and fish like most of us were. Michael came up with the idea to start a fishing lure company geared towards saltwater anglers. His company, Golden Lure, produces spinner baits that are designed for inshore anglers looking for redfish and trout. Michael bought all the components and experimented with colors to come up with a pretty solid design. He assembles each one himself.

While I cannot attest to how well these actually work, I can tell you that I don't have anything like them in my tackle box so I figure they are worth a try.

Most kids learn about Capitalism by operating a lemonade stand, but it usually stops there until we earn our first real paycheck. Michael is making a real attempt to start a business and is using is own money to fund this.

Think about how much you are going to spend on fishing gear this year. Here is the link to his website and you can also see his ad in this month's Saltwater Fishing Magazine. (BTW, the magazine was so impressed with this story that they gave him the ad for free.)

Go to the website, order a few, and then pass along this email to other anglers that you know.

Cool! I'll check it out when I get home.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Now that is impressive.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

thats awesome!!!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

That kid needs an agent.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I would buy some from him.

Comment

Impressive
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Now the question is: does it work?
                Resident Ninja

Comment

I catch the bulk of my redfish on spinnerbaits in the summer. I'll order some for sure!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That is so cool, I hope he is successful.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                    X