New Article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Article?

I know FWE has a group of very knowledgeable and passionate anglers SO I was just wondering when we are getting a new article? I think the last one, Anatomy of a Cove was back in January and it was a great read. I always learn a lot from these and am looking forward to the next one.

Unrelated - Last night in my canal, there must have been some sort of hatch because there were millions of offspring, (not sure if they were mullet or piggies or what) but they filled the entire canal sparking a feeding frenzy. It was pretty awesome to watch. Lots of fish chasing them on the surface and slurping them up. Also had a few crabs on my pilings feasting as well. Anybody else witness this?

Happy Friday to all.
    Live every week like its shark week

This time of year the menhaden get VERY thick in the canals, there will be a die off and the water will turn a goldish brown tint almost rust cover. The fishing between now & then is insane under the lights... from 12AM - 5 AM you are bound to catch some monster trout, great eating size, redfish on certain lights or the outskirts, the trout love to dance through the light ambushing the fish... They'll get picked off from below and then you'll start hearing the popping of the trout on the surface just a magnificent sound & site to see!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

BTW I'll get with Steve & Greg on some new articles
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yes saw millions in canal last weekend. Looked like just hatched.

Comment

Thanks for the info bro! I've learned so much about our bays' ecology from this site and that's just the kind of stuff I'm fascinated with.
          Live every week like its shark week

Comment

Now that's something I'd like to see!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
            X