Mr. NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. NYC

I had a visitor from Brooklyn on Saturday and he had never been to Galveston. We loaded up and were on the Island by 3pm for a beach visit. As we walked he was asking all sorts of questions about our Gulf of Mexico. He noticed the current movement and I explained the long shore current to the best of my ability and riptides. He the started to pick up a man-o-war but my kid screamed at him to stop. LOL!
    I get the question about sharks and if there were any other dangers. I told him about stingrays, flesh eating bacteria, jelly fish, and the eye eating seagulls. I thought for sure he and everyone else has seen that movie by now. Man, he fell for it and my kids thought he was crazy running away from those damn birds....I know, shame on me, but what a hoot!
    We finished up with dinner at Yamatos and a 1 hour traffic jam. I took him to Ninfa's on Friday and I had forgotten how good that place is. Back to the grind tomorrow....

Look out for jellys they are mixed in with the seaweed.

That sounds like a lot of fun!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I love me some Yamato! Is the veterinary clinic still next door? Always made me wonder.

Original Ninfas in the barrio! Cochinita Pibil is the b o m b!! Mamacitas makes it good too.
      Scott
      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

The clinic is still there and the secret tunnel probably is too. LOL! One of G-Towns best kept secrets.

Comment

Working...
        X