No announcement yet.

Well Galvo, soon you will be mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it! It's worth it. It's so nice to be able to just hop in the car and be on the water!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Plan on 1.5 hours each way from westend-maybe 1.25 from seawall. I commuted for awhile to downtown H and began to see patterns-mainly that Prius Owners drive slow as heck and use the left lane and would best serve the rest of traffic by driving into a ditch or head on into a cement wall. The traffic gets bad after League City because of all the new development and apparently they are mainly Prius owners!!

After a few weeks, I began to wonder why I didn't have my SKS next to me loaded with FMJs in the Banana clip to take out Prius drivers.

Good news is, once you get on the causeway on way home, a calming effect happens and life is better.

Watch the early morning revenue collectors (police)-they work it hard and also in evening.

The HOV lane works good (except when them GD Prius owners get on it and go 45 mph).

If ya leave about 5:30 am, traffic aint too bad-except when some moron (or Prius owner-wait, isn't that redundant?) causes a wreck.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

At least we don't live in California. I was visiting San Fran and every other car was a Prius. And they drive slow!!!!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

i'd rather drive from the causeway to Fort Worth than from SLP to 61st and I-45. esp when you get behind some blue hair driving 30mph on 3005.

Comment

That's my mom MoFo!! She aint in no Prius either. Also, I resemble that remark!! Wait a second, my "hair color" is mainly flesh toned, rest is grey-maybe I should try that Hair Color for Men or Ronco's Hair in-a-Spraycan? Ahh, farge it-at my age, only money works on wimmen! I may not have much hair or a flat stomach like the youngins, but I have FINANCIAL POWER!! Makes young ladies LOVE ME THIS MUCH!

Take 81st to Stewart, then Stewart to 61st-cuts down on the morons around 61st and seawall. Heard Lane works, but pretty seedy and a lotta stop signs and sometimes slow traffic due to crack dealers
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I live in g-town and commute to TC Jester off N loop 610 every day. The drive depends on when you gotta be at work. I rent a place in Campeche Cove and depending on the traffic lights, you can make it to the 45 in as little as 8 minutes. Longest can be 10-15 minutest.

Its like you said.. you do the drive on your off time, so who cares? Thats how I feel as well.... even when I lived in Houston, I still drove down to g-town as much as a could... The difference is that when you drive back from work, your already at the beach and dont have to stress out about driving at night and being COMPLETELY exhausted.

Try and find a place in Bayou Vista/ TIKI... even though its just over the causway, your 30seconds from the 45 and dont have to deal with the tourists driving slow, school zones, school buses etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                At least we don't live in California. I was visiting San Fran and every other car was a Prius. And they drive slow!!!!
                I was being tailgated on the beach by a Prius one time.
                Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  I may not have much hair or a flat stomach like the youngins, but I have FINANCIAL POWER!! Makes young ladies LOVE ME THIS MUCH!

Dude....you better pre-pay or pull up in a new ride TITLED in their name... and hope Mona doesnt read these boards

Comment

I'm pretty familiar with the Westend and it's drives...done them maybe a 1000 times at all hours, and living in LC I know what you mean about the traffic between LC and 2351...its a beeyotch! Right now it's a definite Seawall only but just for now. That will give us a year to decide. Back in the early 80's my first real job was installing all the ducting and ac systems in the San Luis condos and I drove from West Houston to there for over a year...you get used to it! Thanks everyone for the tips...even you Kenny!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                      I'm pretty familiar with the Westend and it's drives...done them maybe a 1000 times at all hours, and living in LC I know what you mean about the traffic between LC and 2351...its a beeyotch! Right now it's a definite Seawall only but just for now. That will give us a year to decide. Back in the early 80's my first real job was installing all the ducting and ac systems in the San Luis condos and I drove from West Houston to there for over a year...you get used to it! Thanks everyone for the tips...even you Kenny!
                      Bite me!
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        Bite me!
                        Damn...the meds are failing again I see!
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Do it Monte!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                            Do it Monte!
                            Do what...bite kenny? LOL Well, damn the luck...I was planning on going house, or apartment... hunting Saturday, but just received a call from my father in law the UK alum....I now have a ticket to the big show Saturday, so we'll be looking later in the week now, but yeah, I'm pretty jacked she came up with it...I thought it a few times, but she's the one that actually suggested moving there. First just get her there, then she will never won't to leave! Muhaaaaaaaaaa.....
                            Last edited by FlatoutFishin; April 1, 2011, 04:41 AM.
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

FOF my wife did the same thing? Is something in the water? I was floored when she mentioned it... She wants me to move to a bay house with a boat slip... HA thank you jesus... By the way I have a 4 bedroom 2 bath 2 story casa for sale in Lake Jackson...
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Well that is very cool Monte, it would be nice to have another fishing buddy on the island.

Comment

Working...
                                X