"Hoards of Ling"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hoards of Ling"

Apparently on Friday the Ling were so thick in the jetties you couldn't maneuver. According to the reel report... Anyone catch em??

Which Jetties?? I didn't see any friday, and didn't here of any of the 50 boats that were fishing the POINT tourney seeing any either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      Which Jetties?? I didn't see any friday, and didn't here of any of the 50 boats that were fishing the POINT tourney seeing any either.
      I was wondering if the guy writing the report was on crack or not. Figured the boards would be lit up with ling news! Heres a link:

Comment

I fished the N jetty Sat and Sunday and didnt see any ling or hear any hooping or hollering either....

Maybe further south towards freeport...

Comment

Sometimes its like moonpies fishing reports or a few others Ive read lately.....

You just can't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Some scattered ling be running parts of the beach, not the jetties, maybe. The run like that off Horn island off Mississippi, tight into the beach in the guts. A coupla feesh don't make no "hoard" though. Ain't no freight train 100 cars long, Bubba!

Comment

They've caught ling to 50lbs before at the Jetty... I've seen 'em!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yes they do Coe.. Just not right now...

Any who... did any body noticed the date?? April 2nd?? Meaning the information came from April 1st which is.. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

Comment

yeah, that was a joke.

Comment

Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Comment

Twitch...twitch...reel.....twitch...twitch....reel ....twitch...twitch.......BAM!
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I've seen a ling caught by a team while i was running a camera crew boat for redfish cup right at the end of may. It was a freak thing, he caught it on a 4" Gulp shrimp with a fishbites strip that he was jigging for reds. When he saw it was a ling he yelled, "Aahhh its a Cobia," then proceeded to straighten his rod and break it off. I was cracking up.... But back to the topic, I think that the reel report is pretty "out there" sometimes, I wouldn't really believe that report.

Comment

I believe it! I was in the back of green's wading and saw tails that I assumed to be reds. I'm talking hundreds of tails and huge mud boils! But they were ling! I started tearing them up on she dogs and had my limit on my stringer and proceeded to catch and release. Unfortunately a big wave came when I was heading back to the boat and took my stringer with it.....
                          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Xtreme- You must also have seen those "resident tarpon" in offats, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by fishcatchr View Post
                              Xtreme- You must also have seen those "resident tarpon" in offats, huh?
                              shhhhhhhh!!!
                              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                              X