No announcement yet.

GREAT deal on an air rifle at academy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT deal on an air rifle at academy.

the Hammerli x2 air rifle is on sale for 80 bucks at academy. everywhere ive seen it online has it listed for over 200 bucks. it comes with two barrels, one for .177 and one for .22

the local ringneck population is about to experience a slight downturn.

I got my Big Cat from Academy, and the grey squirrel population started to rapidly diminish. I picked mine up for $100 because they had tagged it wrong. Have fun with your new toy!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

How does it shoot?

How does it shoot? Are the groups holding tight or are getting flyers or moving centers?

Last year I bought a Accuair 1100 from Academy and it has never shot well. Hard to get a group that does not move or get flyers. Scope was bad and they sent a whole new gun with scope. Same problems with second gun. Tried three different types of pellets Tried a better scope and same thing. I need to pull the scope and try to find another one in the 100$ range that shoots decent.

Not asking for one hole accuracy at 30 feet but still want to have a consistent idea where the pellet is going.

Curious how yours is shooting.

Comment

Jimd, i learned something the hard way about air rifles, I baught a very expensive air gun two years ago and i couldn't hit anything consistantly. I put the gun up untill this year. i found a web site forum and i learned three things. 1- the scope will move a lot easier than on a hi-power rifle, so mark it and check it always. 2-not all pellets are the same, i baught a pellet sampler with about 40 different pellets in it and about 20 of each. you would surprised what you will find out. take five shot groups at the same distance and you will find that magic pill. 3- you have to learn to hold your shot a longer time becouse the gun has a two stage ignition so to speak. Just google pellet sampler. -bill-
        If it ain't broke, DON'T fix it

Comment

Buy a Benjamin .22--You will not be disappointed!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Working...
          X