X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abec 7 bearings

Mikes reel repair has a 10 bearing set for $55
    Boca Bearings has 2 for $30

Both being ceramic bearings, why would I go with boca bearings instead of the ones Mikes reel repair is selling? Mikes do have one side unshielded. Has anyone ever bought from either place?

or does it really even make that much of a difference in abec5's and 7's?

Comment

WTH is an abec?
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

You skateboarding to your fishing spots or are those for your delivery bike as shown in your Avatar?

I put ceramic in 2 of my shimanos-old silver chronarch and gold chronarch-made a big difference. I would not put a one-sided bearing in any of my reels.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
          WTH is an abec?

I don't know. That's just what they are labeled on the sites I was on.

Comment

ABEC means American Bearing Engineering Council. That is how they are graded for the tolerances. In the ABEC system the higher the number the tighter the clearances are. So an ABEC 7 has tighter clearances than a ABEC 5. As far as the one shielded side goes, it is ceramic and will not corrode but it can get debris or dirt in it which means it will have to be cleaned more often. Use only a really light lubricant like a zero wgt oil or kerosene not Remoil, WD 40 or anything that heavy.
            Beandaddy

Comment

Exactly what he said ^
              Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

so the cheaper ones from Mikes will be just as good as the Boca ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  so the cheaper ones from Mikes will be just as good as the Boca ones?
                  + you can use wd40 and not the expensive stuff
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                    + you can use wd40 and not the expensive stuff

well what's the difference then jerk face? both are stainless housings with ceramic bearings.

Comment

One is like your blow-up GF-from behind, she aint got a face! get it?

Comment

My friend buys from Mikes no problem.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Royal Purple makes a gun oil that I use. It's pretty good stuff. It is higher than a girraffe arse but it works well.
                          Beandaddy

Comment

Gilbert, I was wrong with the name. It is Annular Bearing Engineering Commitee. Any How. I found another place that has them and they are shielded on both sides and they are 10 for 60.00 abec5 which is good. the website is VXB.com they sell all kinds of bearings.
                            Beandaddy
                            PM sent
                            Last edited by Beandaddy; April 27, 2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X