Rain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain??

Looks like some heavy rain offshore from Corpus to Sabine this morning moving SW to NE along the coast. Man I sure hope it comes onshore!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Not gonna happen....none until maybe mid week!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
      Not gonna happen....none until maybe mid week!
      You wuz right!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Matter of fact...La Nina is weaking and they say to expect less rain(1 to 1.5" below per month), and hotter conditions (as much as 2 degree average more) all summer. Although the gulf coast can expect a summer soaker here and there...compliments of the seabreeze !
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	400x266_03211754_2011%20atlantic%20hurricane%20season.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	554358

And while we're on the subject...looks like a early hit is a high potential...only 10 days away! The more the La Nina relaxes, the more westerly sheer that develops. Westerly sheer is a good thing...bye bye La Nina....please!
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

It seems like the long-term models show hot and dry for Texas. That said, a few really good tropical storms can completely change things in a day. Last year's topical storm Hermoine and a few unnamed ones dumped between 10 and 20 inches between lower Texas and the Oklahoma border, causing record flooding in Dallas.

Old-timer Texans have a saying that when there's a drought like this, to watch out for hurricanes. Also, some say a bad drought can get the red tide up, which can happen between Part A and the Rio. But I'm hoping for at least some easterly waves starting in out July, which usually bring some farmer's rains to the coastal areas. There are several easterly waves in the Caribbean right now but high pressure has them stuck at very far south latitudes.

How knows? Tropical storms are a freak of Mother Nature, and can spin up even when least suspected. One year I saw a developing coastal low off SPI, just thunderstorms really, and by the time it got to offshore Port A it was Hurricane Humberto, messed up their offshore fishing tournament wicked bad, which set records for fastest development of a tropical storm. We hate hurricanes but frankly, that's our only shot at any significant summer rain.

Comment

if I'm not in pain, it ain't going to rain, and right now, I'm not hurting.
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

What's rain......isn't that what happens in other states?
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yes and especially in the places that dont need it right now, thank you very much. 'Rain on me.... ' (Tommy)

Comment

Working...
                  X