Daytime 5/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytime 5/29

Went out bull sharking in front of Jamaica Beach on Sunday afternoon and we were drifting out to karankawa reef and we saw a really nice color change and we had 5 solid runs (from 5 different sharks) and then on our 6th run Robert finally got a hook set. Our little brother tino fought the fish for about 20 minutes before Derek got a gaff in her and brought it aboard. She measured 76in and it sure was funny because when we caught it, we were only about 200 yards from people tubing near the pilings.

Big fish!
    sigpic

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

cool report what was the bait?
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          cool report what was the bait?
          live mullet

Comment

How does bull shark taste?
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              How does bull shark taste?
              Like bull****!
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                Like bull****!
                X2

Comment

Nice going.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

bull shark reminds me of amberjack. If you clean, gut, bleed the shark right away, then soak the fillets in milk before you cook them, then it isn't bad at all. I usually put italian dressing on my shark fillets then grill them.

Comment

Glad I didn't go tubing near y'all
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You must have been one of only a few boats out there, because it was blowing hard the whole weekend. Wow on the bull shark, looks like the one Donna and I encountered during one of our wades last year.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We went out around 4pm and there were several boats out in front of the houses because of the wind protection

Comment

Working...
                          X