Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFD94
    replied
    Has anyone heard anything recently? Are they still searching, did they find anything, are they calling it off?

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    They had planned to continue the search effort for the still missing man at first light.

Leave a comment:

• FlatoutFishin
    replied
    Called my wife and daughter to see where they were for dinner...we're on the beach, come meet us! Cool, get off work and call...where are yall at? By Murdoch's and the Balinese pilings!
    Oh chit....very eeery fishing with the current running from where it happened, and the coastys cruising 200ft in front of you. As of dark....I'm pretty sure the young man had not been recovered yet.

Leave a comment:

• Milkjug
    replied
    Man, that's sad news. Prayers sent for him and his family.

Our planet is 75% water ya'll, teach yourself and your children how to swim.

Leave a comment:

• JFD94
    replied
    I just do not understand why people who supposedly do not know how to swim even get in the water, rough or not!
    X2 and prayers for him and his family.

Leave a comment:

• Explorer21
    replied
    X2 on that! I just do not understand why people who supposedly do not know how to swim even get in the water, rough or not!

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    It's unfortunate but the body will be hopefully washed up on shore down current. Let's just pray that he is recovered safe if he in deed as passed already let's just pray that they recover the body for the family.

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    It's in the report... 21 year old man was reported face down in the water other 3 (all female) were rescued 2 of which by a by stander & 1 was rescued by the lifeguard. You'd think the lifeguard would have taken the 2 & the by stander would have just got one...

Leave a comment:

• Explorer21
    replied
    Humm, Donna just called me saying it was a 21 year old. How the heck did she know so fast?

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A search is underway for a missing swimmer believed to have drowned on Galveston's beach.

Related Content

More: Got a story idea? Let us know!
    According to the Galveston Beach Patrol, around 1:15pm, a group of young people -- three women and one man -- from the Houston area were out in the water off the seawall near 45th Street. The life guard thought the swimmers were a little far out, although they were still within the legal swimming limits.

The life guard had entered the water to warn the swimmers when they began to struggle and yelled for help. A bystander witnessed the scene and was able to rescue two victims while the life guard saved one. The witness says the 21-year-old male victim was spotted face down, though no one actually saw him go under.

The Coast Guard assisted with the rescue effort with a boat and helicopter.

The beach patrol says they are now conducting the situation as a drowning victim recovery effort.

(Copyright ©2011 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    Here it is on ABC news

Leave a comment:

• Explorer21
    replied
    Just confirmed, it was a 21 year old. Out to far and did not know how to swim. Prayers sent to his family!

Leave a comment:

• billytoj
    replied
    Doesn't sounds good... :-(

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    Just heard they are looking for a missing swimmer (missing since 1PM CST)

Leave a comment:

• JFD94
    replied
    I drove past there only a couple of hours ago and remember thinking it looked like the beach-goers finally got some calmer, safer waters. Weird to imagine someone drowning there after that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X