Tres Womack plays "Black Motel" at Blockade Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tres Womack plays "Black Motel" at Blockade Runners

Just found this on YouTube. Didn't know it existed. This was back in March when my dad visited. He's the one in the rocking chair. You also see Booyah Red and some of his family there. Tres' daughter Courtney is out in the kayak. This is one of my favorite songs that he plays. Thought y'all might enjoy it. You can find more music from him on the net, and of course on Itunes. Y'all enjoy. - Sandy

Last edited by WestEndAngler; June 20, 2011, 11:19 PM. Reason: Fixing YouTube
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

That is cool!

Comment

Great fun! I'm really amazed the sound quality is so good. Thanks for sharing it!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good one !
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

That one is my favorite from him. The last time I checked it was not on i Tunes and its about time to re-check it.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

one of best!
            Last edited by WestEndAngler; June 20, 2011, 11:33 PM.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Black Motel is actually from his yet to be released album, so you won't be able to find that out there yet. Consider yourselves privileged.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

thats cool. thanks for posting that up.

Comment

sady didn't he play it the nite of the canadian invasion!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

VERY COOL!
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great link Chris! It's been a while since I checked for Tres on Youtube. Here's another crowd favorite. He didn't write this one, but it's a lot of fun.

Here's another one of Black Motel with better sound:

Tres' two younger brothers Drew and Tim preceded him in the music business with their band Sons of the Desert. They were fantastic, but they only had one big hit with 1997's "Whatever Comes First" which hit #10 on the country chart. They had a second album in the making for Sony Epic when a big broo ha ha developed over one of their songs and another band. They left Sony and lost an entire album in the process. I'm so glad that I have a copy of that lost album. There are 16 songs on it and every single one is great. They next signed with MCA and had another great album with several top 25 appearances. You may not know it, but they come on the radio almost every day. They sing with Leanne Womack in her big hit, "I Hope You Dance". Drew is best known for writing Kenny Chesney's first hit, "She's Got It All".

Here are a few Sons of the Desert songs:

Here are some from Drew's solo career after the Sons got shafted by Nashville

Many of the best songs aren't on youtube, but these are what I found.

For those of you who don't know the story, Tres was my high school football and baseball coach. His wife Jennifer was my math teacher. They became my mentors and best friends over the years. The day after my last high school football game, Tres came fishing with me and my dad at our old camp in La. Tres fell in love with the camp and we had some wonderful times out on Bayou Cook in the years following my graduation. I even moved to Austin to live with them in '96 so I could take Probability and Statistics at Austin Community College and Jennifer could tutor me though it. I had been unsuccessful at passing a college math class and I couldn't graduate without it. He drove all night in the Spring of 1997 to come to my college graduation in New Orleans. When I got the camp here in Texas, he jumped at the chance to become a partner. Now he plays regularly on the banks of Titlum Tatlum. He goes by TwoMack here on the board, but he rarely posts. Tres and Jennifer only taught and coached me my senior year in high school, but they changed my life in many ways and I don't know where I'd be without them. They're two of the best people I know. I do know that without Jennifer, I'd probably still be trying to pass Algebra 2 and I'd for sure never have graduated from college.
                      Last edited by WestEndAngler; June 21, 2011, 07:32 AM. Reason: Fixing YouTube

Comment

Working...
                      X