No announcement yet.

Any body know what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why y'all wanna go all 3rd world...you can also catch some big fish with a rod and reel and 80#...is this one of those "just sayin" moments?
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Try snapper fishing with one of them - we'll see if you're a man or not! They handline yellowfin tuna over in Hawaii too....

Comment

Originally posted by Swells View Post
        Try snapper fishing with one of them - we'll see if you're a man or not! They handline yellowfin tuna over in Hawaii too....
        I don't need to go snappa fishin with anything to know I'm a man Swells...if YOU are wondering, all you gotta do is ask yourself this simple question this simple question...Do I squat or stand?
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
          Ray: Ya won't pass the lie test using your thrower-has to be "Rod and Reel"!!! Another reason I aint a fan of CCA anymore.

Didn't think of that. Hell I could pass that test im a fisherman.LOL
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Why y'all wanna go all 3rd world...you can also catch some big fish with a rod and reel and 80#...
            The only reason I could think would be if I was going out mostly to dive, and it was too murky or something, I could have an easily-stored back up plan.

They are inferior gear for sure, much harder to maintain tension without a rod flexing. They also make a big mess on deck when you have that line laying all over. HOWEVER, it was pretty fun to feel the fish directly pulling on that line in your hand, and where we went, there was no shortage of fish so losing one every now and then was OK.

Comment

Hey Milk Juggie the idea of the winder there is you reel up the slack and if the animal take it out, you let the roller loose and the line goes out, no mess on the deck. When you got some slack you wind like a money. You're thinking of a "Mexican rig" like wrapping line on a soda bottle or something. This is a ring that you fish more like a reel. It's more like fly fishing because it's just a hand crank, onlu no pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                The only reason I could think would be if I was going out mostly to dive, and it was too murky or something, I could have an easily-stored back up plan.

They are inferior gear for sure, much harder to maintain tension without a rod flexing. They also make a big mess on deck when you have that line laying all over. HOWEVER, it was pretty fun to feel the fish directly pulling on that line in your hand, and where we went, there was no shortage of fish so losing one every now and then was OK.
                A 5' boat rod heavy action, spooled with 80# braid on a penn cheapo and the drag tightened all the way has the same effect and takes up nada. I also have a bag rod I used to use offshore that is 3 1/2 ft and breaks down to 2ft...thaz what you need MJ!
                Looks like we gots a window midweek and 2 trips have been discussed...hope the weather does what they're predicting!
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Uploading pics so I thought I would bump this thread and show off my 3rd world fishing skills. Me and my bro with some handline fish. Very cool trip and I never posted a report, maybe I will get around to it some day.

Comment

Very Cool!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Mexican Curados......

Comment

In cuba they call those handline rigs "pitas"... Some anglers are really good with them and land large qtys fishing their "pangas"

Comment

Mexican curado we have a winner!! Good one milk jug these thing are fun to fish the surf with in the pacific! Since Moe looks to be the winner in the STAR I may break this out this weekend for kick and giggles. I l
                          Have caught several chicken dolphins with it off the sat boats and lay barges maybe we need to have a tourney lmao!! Nices pics
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X