468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it be nice if ethanol went bye bye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be nice if ethanol went bye bye?

Democrats and Republicans are locked in a death-grip over how to cut the deficit but agree the government must get its financial house in order. So you'd think there'd be bipartisan support to end the $6 billion annual subsidy for corn ethanol, which most experts agree is money poorly spent. Former Car Czar Steven Rattner [...]
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Seafoam..Seafoam..Seafoam..Seafoam..Seafoam..Seafo am.....only because we live in a "green" world now. I always add a pint no matter how much fuel that I may burn per trip.....great carb and injector cleaner at the same time too.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Heck no!

Oh, you meant as a fuel additive...

Comment

YES!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Recently read an item that Seafoam is now outdated with the ethanol stuff. Only Star Tron and the blue Sta-Bil are now recommended.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Yamaha Ring-Free with the ethanol killer in it works good as well. Not much we can do about ethanol until they invent something else to put into gasoline to help improve combustion efficiency - MTBE was used in the past but it turned out to be quite poisonous, which is why it is being discontinued.

Being down by Houston, you should be able to find where they sell "off-road" gasoline that doesn't have the ethanol in it. Some marinas are reported to have the stuff - but never at a highway gas station of convenience store where we like to fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              Recently read an item that Seafoam is now outdated with the ethanol stuff. Only Star Tron and the blue Sta-Bil are now recommended.

I really don't care how outdated it is.......IT WORKS!!!!
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

My dad is working on replacing it with methanol. More power with none of the bad habits ethanol has with phase separation and water attraction. Seafoam is great for your engine. It just won't help with the phase separation.

Comment

Working...
                X