Exxon in Baytown gearing up to hire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exxon in Baytown gearing up to hire.

This job opportunity is for the large refinery in Baytown, Tx.

ExxonMobil Recruiting:

is announcing plans to conduct Operations Pre-employment Testing for the Baytown Area Facilities on August 5-6, 2011.
    ALL interested individuals MUST log on to our Internet Website

www.exxonmobil-employment.com to express interest in ExxonMobil
    operations/wage positions and to schedule pre-employment testing.

Test sessions will be available for booking beginning July 11, 2011.

To Register On-line:

www.exxonmobil-employment.com and carefully review the Welcome
    page information. Click on "Log-in" and follow the three steps listed under the "New User" section.

Follow the instruction listed under "Next Steps," click on "Test Location Preference" and select plant/Refinery - Baytown, TX as your Test Location Preference.

Click on "Job Interest" and follow the instructions for adding your job interest selection(s). Individuals who are qualified for multiple positions or want to be considered for all Baytown sites must repeat the job interest selection process to indicate preference in multiple locations and job types.
    Click on Candidate Profile and complete you candidate profile.

To Book a Testing Slot:

Test sessions will be available for booking on July11th:

Enter your User ID and Password
    Complete the Next Steps instructions until your have booked a test slot. Once you have successfully booked a test slot you will receive a

confirmation screen. Please remember to print your confirmation

documents for your records and bring with you to the test session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Yeah, I bet they are waiting to see what happens with the corporate tax rate and if Republicans can hold their ground. Theyll be laying people off if Obama had his way.

Comment

The work force is turning over due to age attrition along the ship channel.
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

They need more people, a lot of people have retired over the last few years. They had some big groups come in during 1975/76 and most have retired by now. I was there for 32 yr's and left when I turned 55 year's old along with several other people. If someone wanted a better job with great benefit's they need to go test for this one.
        A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

I bet if you factor in benefits the starting pay is at least 75k. And people are knocking themselves out for a four year degree that might top out at 45k.

Comment

I know PT's out there that are making 100K with overtime.
            A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

What are the requirements?

How can i study for this test?

I can write my name on a piece of paper flawlessly if i practice it a few times first. Think i have a shot?

Will they hire me only for the months from April-mid August? Sorry, but i can't work during the fall/winter/early spring.

Oh ya, tell them i'm an Aggie...that's almost always an easy IN.

Thanks,
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                What are the requirements?

How can i study for this test?

I can write my name on a piece of paper flawlessly if i practice it a few times first. Think i have a shot?

Will they hire me only for the months from April-mid August? Sorry, but i can't work during the fall/winter/early spring.

Oh ya, tell them i'm an Aggie...that's almost always an easy IN.

Thanks,
                This. Just curious to all you experienced guys out there what kinds of tips you have for landing this type of job (requirements, who you know, etc.) ?

Would help a young guy out like me (24) who's struggling in what was a pretty good economy for online poker (yes this is for real! was making 100k+ a year for 5 years online consistently). Government shut it down for the most part which leaves a really hard working guy like myself out of a job - 10+ hour days. Now I have all the free time in the world on my hands, with some money saved up in the bank of course.

Thanks a bunch for whoever reads this!
                I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

is this just for operators? Or is there any entry-level type positions too?

Comment

5 types of jobs available it seems - machinist, operator, etc.. Also says training is provided by the company for each so take that for what you will.

I'd sign up right now because test slots are booked for the first 2 sessions and there are only 4 available which slot 300 people a piece.

I applied for 3 jobs and scheduled my testing for Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 1pm. A lot of the slots are for 7am and the 1 pm slots will probably be full by this afternoon at this rate.
                    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
                    X