New to fishing on the west end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to fishing on the west end

Hey guys i'm somewhat new to fishing the west end. I usually fish Matagorda/Sargent area and occasionally make it to Bastrop area and the back lakes over there.

I'm looking to start fishing more of the far west Galveston area. I'd be coming out of Chocolate and heading east. I run a Majek Redfish so i can go pretty shallow.
    I'm certainly not looking for anyone's honey-holes or a free handout here, just curious what reefs are on that far end of the bay to drift. Is Halls lake pretty good?
    I mainly drift and troll from the boat, wading is usually last resort.
    Thanks for any info or tips. I look forward to sharing some info on the forum!
    Cheers

welcome to the site!

Comment

Wecome

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Hall's is good-with your rig, easy drifting-reds against grass shorelines-there are a few hazards, so first time in, try to follow someone.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
          X