Trolling-prop wash lure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling-prop wash lure?

Just wondering what some of you folks like best for a prop wash lure or bait when trolling for kings? I got some folks coming in from Arkansas this weekend that aint never caught nothin but catfish and bass. Figured something like a king smoking a reel down would be quite a treat for them, so im trying to hone the skill set here last minte. Any tech or tip advise would be appreciated as well.
    Andros Tarpon 26

9" Rapala-lost 2 Sunday-one while dropping it back-the jointed ones work great also. Other favs are pink/red feather squid trolling bait with sardine added (dorados also love those IMO). Also, J Hook with spanish sardine trolled about 30 yards back-vary speed every now and then. Chum the area you're trolling (menhaden work great and can fill a 5 gal bucket in 5 minutes with throw net in your canal at dark/dusk). Kings were at 301 and 353 areas (I go thru SLP). Drifting with a flat line (unweighted) sardine works well. If ya tie up to rig, try the flat line downcurrent and also try a ballooned line with live mullet (6-8") with about 6' to 10' of line below balloon.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks Robalo I figured you were good for some info on the subject
      Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Mann stretch 25's or 30's in dolphin, or red head white body have always produced for me. Flat lining ribbon fish is automatic with a steel leader single hook through the eye and a stinger treble to the body i think they sell them pre made now. Look for weed lines or big blankets.

Comment

Alright!! Splash I know for sure I got a brand new never been used dolphin stretch 25 in a tackle box somewhere in my tackle room.
          Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

IF you don't feel like running far or through the pass, run out of Freeport. Anchor or drift over East Bank, Middle Bank area, chum with a block in a mesh bag, and drift some sardines out 50 to 100 feet behind you. You've also got the vancover reef close by.

When it gets too hot, troll around the rigs with previously mentioned lures. Bring a gaff and wire leaders. Those guys will have a blast.

Comment

I've had good luck trolling with the yozuri lures the kings seem to love them last year. good luck and tight lines

Comment

Working...
              X