Blazer Bay boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazer Bay boats

Looking at getting one and don't now much about them other than what their website says. Any one have any expirence with them, good, bad, or indifferent? How does a 2220 pro or fisherman compare to say a Nauticstar 2200 tournament, or Blue Wave pure bay? Which has the best over all quality of the boat, ride ect?
    www.deltawaterfowl.org
    North Houston Chapter, Chairman

CEO - WNDC est. Sept 2006

Originally posted by jdupton View Post
    Looking at getting one and don't now much about them other than what their website says. Any one have any expirence with them, good, bad, or indifferent? How does a 2220 pro or fisherman compare to say a Nauticstar 2200 tournament, or Blue Wave pure bay? Which has the best over all quality of the boat, ride ect?
    Never been in a Blazer Bay but know several people that own them and have never heard any complaints.
    The Blazer Bay is a slightly cheaper (price wise) version of the Pathfinder of which I have been in plenty
    and they are good boats. Not sure about the Nautic Star or Blue Wave. Gater

Comment

i am jealous of my neighbour across the canal, he has the 22 blazer bay, been in it once and would give my boat and a kidney for it
      I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

nice boat
        lots of extras for the bux!
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

I think kidneys are worth at least a yellowfin bay with a 350 on the black market.

Comment

Been on a couple and they seem to be nice. I have a bud that has one and it is set up pretty nice.
            Team Tres Compadres
            Chris H.

"Clear Skies and Tight Lines"

Comment

I've been on the 22 Pro Blazer and it was a very nice boat. It had a 250 Suzuki and it was a very soft riding boat for the conditions we were in. I remember reading 50+ on the GPS before I decided to sit down and brace for impact. The fit and finish was very nice if you're into the liner type hulls. Good fishing/family boat and the owner seems to be very happy with it.

Comment

I have a 22' Fisherman model with a Yammy 200 2stroke. It is a great ride for Galv Bay. Doesn't run as skinny as a Flats boat, but I can get in a foot of water no problem. I would recommend a Jack Plate but believe the Blazer's come standard with one in the 22ft models. If you ever want to ride in one, let me know as I fish West Galv Bay at least 3 times a month.

Comment

Nautic Star are ok boats, a friend has one 24ft, it rides nice, but seems to be more design for the family. If you are serious fisherman an run the boat a lot in saltwater, not sure if I would get one?

Comment

Not sure on the NauticStar but I fish with a buddy ever so often who has a 2170 blazer bay. Its a GOOD galveston bay fishing boat. Fast, relatively dry, and nice ride characteristics
                    Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

My brother has a 22' Blazer w/ 150 Suzi. Nice rig, dry, fast-3 years old, no problems with boat or motor. Jackplate is not standard (or wasn't then). OK storage.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys, looks like Im going to end up buying a 2220 fisherman. Dont think its going to have the amount of storage that by Bay Stealth does, but Im pretty dang excited!!
                        www.deltawaterfowl.org
                        North Houston Chapter, Chairman

CEO - WNDC est. Sept 2006

Comment

Working...
                        X