Greens Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greens Lake

Got my shallow draft boat rigged out and want to explore greens lake. Any tips or advice? I cant seem to find a map with any detail of the lake and google earth not too helpful. As you come off the ICW, seems there a shoal near the middle and then it branches off to the left. Just looking for a litte gudance before i to far in rooting around....

Guessing, drifting is bet. Looks like mud aka greased owl chit.... Thanks

The north east shoreline usually produced the best for me. Ive also done pretty good about 200 yards out from that shoreline. Theres an oyster bar or something there if I recall correctly.

Comment

Thanks, looks like it goes back quite a ways too. I noticed an old duck blind and my sounder went from 4' to 16' in one pocket...

Comment

There is a shoal across the entire front.. I think roughly the middle is the deepest although i have never measured the depth.. Go on high tide first time and check it out (the front). there are pockets of shell and mud... it's a nice place spring and fall.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Borabora...in a skinny running boat you should have no problems. Getting in and around is easiest done via the west shoreline. If you stay within thirty yards you should have no issue. Once you get to the point that turns back to the bayou give it some room...there is a crabber that always has traps out there...follow his marker line...

Drifting the lake works well. You should also take some time and go back into the flats as Paul suggested but he is correct that you can get lost back there...it starts to look the same after a while...but the reds will pod up back there if you can find em...
          sigpic

Comment

There are no fish in Greens Lake! They are all on Kenny's reef
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
              There are no fish in Greens Lake! They are all on Kenny's reef
              That's what your last report said! LOL
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

It said there are no fish in Greens and he lost a HUGE trout on topwater. Wait that is every report.......

Comment

Thanks for the comments, will try to get out later this week and see whats up...

Comment

Working...
                  X