Penn Senators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Senators

I am looking for some Penn Senator reels. I would like 2 or 3 9/0's & maybe a 6/0 & 12/0. If anyone has any collecting dust, in good working condition, let me know. I have found several bargans on ebay, but, on something like this I want to put my hands on it.
    Thanks
    Shawn

You don't need that heavy stuff to catch trout...

Comment

sounds like a soaker.

Comment

I may have one. Don't remember the model. It's brand new in the box. I will check tonight if I remember and let you know tomorrow.

Comment

Ya kind of threw me off on the 6/0 to 12/0 kind of talking, since few use that anymore. There's the black-sided regular Senator in the 112to 116 model numbers, and the Special Senator in similar numbers but the ending is different. For example the 114M2 is a larger Special Senator, red sides, and is rated for 50-80# mono with 22# of drag force. Your smaller reels are rated at 20-40# mono with far less drag - these are very common on the party boats that go out for snapper. You probably know all this ... no idea they were collectors items now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            You don't need that heavy stuff to catch trout...
            At least not the dinks you catch!!!

Comment

I am gearing up for Sharkathon. I am building all the rods myself, but I need to buy reels. Due to the fact we are makeing it a "family function" (wife & dad going), I have to come up with at least 4 set ups. Thus the need to go low ball on my budget. By the time I build the rods, spool the reels, make leaders, build out my new surf rig, food, drinks, bait, BEER, etc.,; I have to save every where I can.

I am going to use the 9/0's for the shark rods & if I get a 6/0, I will build a 9'-12' surf rod f/ S&G. As for the 12/0, that is wishfull thinking. I want one, but I know even a used one will prolly be out of reach!

Thanks to everyone taking a look for me & Tiny....get back to work!!

Shawn

Comment

Shawn, I found the reel. It's not one you have on your list. It's a 4/0 113H. It has been used once or twice, but basically looks brand new. Let me know if interested. I can take a pic of it with my phone too if you would like. Thanks, Mark

Comment

[QUOTE=FISHORGOLF;141750]Shawn, I found the reel. It's not one you have on your list. It's a 4/0 113H. It has been used once or twice, but basically looks brand new. Let me know if interested. I can take a pic of it with my phone too if you would like. Thanks, Mark[/QUOTE

Thanks for looking, Mark. That a bit smaller than I was looking for. About how much are you wanting for it. If I end up building a surf/cast rod, I may be interested.

Thanks
                  Shawn

Comment

Working...
                  X