I am worthless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am worthless!

Heading down to Isla del Sol tomorrow afternoon and I can't get a darn thing done at work! I haven't been down there since last fall and I can't wait! Need to break in the new Explorer 230TV.

Any advice on patterning the fish? I plan on target some of the West Bay reefs and maybe hit the flats/guts around SLP. I will be trying to put some non-fisherman on some fish.

Dave

You might want to check the weather first. If you're gonna fish SLP, bring plenty of spoons. When we left Sunday evening there were smacks busting everywhere. That's a fun little fish to put non-fishermen on.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      You might want to check the weather first. If you're gonna fish SLP, bring plenty of spoons. When we left Sunday evening there were smacks busting everywhere. That's a fun little fish to put non-fishermen on.
      We are going to be there for about 5 days. If it is storming the whole time I will just sit on the deck drinking beer and organize my tackle box over and over!

Comment

Originally posted by ddossey View Post
        We are going to be there for about 5 days. If it is storming the whole time I will just sit on the deck drinking beer and organize my tackle box over and over!
        We'll have to hook up then. We will be back down there Saturday morning for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ddossey View Post
          ....and I can't get a darn thing done at work!
          I know the feeling! I have been stuck at work for 2 weeks now, and the day after tomorrow we are heading down to fish Port Mansfield, Land Cut and Baffin Bay for 4 days! That is all I can think about! Good luck, it has been going slow but the temps are warming and the fish are becoming more active.

M.M.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

The fishing could be decent before that little front blows in later this week.

I'll give you a hint....target the marsh drains.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Yep
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                We'll have to hook up then. We will be back down there Saturday morning for the weekend.

take my box with you. I am going to head down that way after my son's baseball game saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  take my box with you. I am going to head down that way after my son's baseball game saturday morning.
                  I never took it out of the boat.

Comment

Working...
                  X