Topwaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topwaters?

I was wondering how mosy of yall like to work them and if you work them diffrently in the surf than the bay?

However the fish want them. Vary the retrieve until you find what works. Slow/steady, med/steady, fast/steady, Slow/erratic, med/erratic, fast/erratic, dead stick.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
      However the fish want them. Vary the retrieve until you find what works. Slow/steady, med/steady, fast/steady, Slow/erratic, med/erratic, fast/erratic, dead stick.
      yes x2

Comment

what does slow erratic

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish58 View Post
          what does slow erratic
          Best way I can describe it is to go throw them until they start latching on.

The only right was is the way the fish want it that particular day.

Go to the video section on this siite and look at mike mcbrides answer to the question " how do you catch fish on a ttk".

Pretty much the same answer: there is no answer

Comment

Sometimes a straight retrieve works if the fish are hungry. I had a red smash my spook on a slow straight retrieve when I was still learning the topwater ropes. One thing is to remember what you are doing. If you start get strikes, repeat what you are doing, because the fish apparently like it.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Working...
            X