In need of a good map site for coastal Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a good map site for coastal Texas

It would need to contain mileage between various spots such as Galveston Causeway to Freeport, Freeport to Matagorda, Matagorda to Port Oconnor, Port O to Port A...if any one has these distances that would work too....by way of the ICW, not open water.

Thanks
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

google earth

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
      try flash earth also. don't know about the milages, but your GPS will do that.
      Yeah, the guy isn't sure about mileage so I wanted to have a chart, but your right the GPS will determine the exact distance traveled and at our first fuel stop we should have it down on consumption.

Okay...here's my best guess using Google maps:

Tiki to Surfside = 35 miles
      Surfside to Gorda = 50 miles
      Gorda to Port O = 35 miles
      Port O to Port A = 55 miles

Total = 175 miles Sound about right?
      Last edited by FlatoutFishin; July 20, 2011, 08:10 PM.
      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

yes on the last 3. i have made that trip before fishing all the way to baffin. got room for me?

Comment

To bad I got off the tug today.We have a computer chart system i could have given you the exact milage.Could have given tide and current at any given point at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
            To bad I got off the tug today.We have a computer chart system i could have given you the exact milage.Could have given tide and current at any given point at any time.
            Dang, Fuzzy! Go back! LOL
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
              yes on the last 3. i have made that trip before fishing all the way to baffin. got room for me?
              Let me think for a minute.....uh NO!
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

You going all the way down the coast?? I've alway wanted to make that trip but getting a couple more people to do it isn't easy. $$$$
                A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

FoF: Your gps could do an accurate mileage by moving cursor along path from a start point. Or set a waypoint and do a "Go To" from a set waypoint (start) to destination waypoint (end)-of course that will be a straight path and won't account for twist and turns or when you gotta turn around to get you hat or koozie that blew outta boat!!!

yes, about 175 miles sounds right-plus or minus 10%.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    Let me think for a minute.....uh NO!

*** hole

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        *** hole
                        Only to you!
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                          FoF: Your gps could do an accurate mileage by moving cursor along path from a start point. Or set a waypoint and do a "Go To" from a set waypoint (start) to destination waypoint (end)-of course that will be a straight path and won't account for twist and turns or when you gotta turn around to get you hat or koozie that blew outta boat!!!

yes, about 175 miles sounds right-plus or minus 10%.
                          Yeah, it's not my boat, but yes, my gps will do that as I'm sure his will...I was just trying to figure out RPMs to run vs gas mileage and where to stop...think I got it figured okay, and its not like we're gonna get lost or anything. Probably won't even look at the gps really other than to see ETA and stuff.
                          Thanks Gilbert...i forgot Google maps had a mileage mark with their maps. Next time we go...we'll take my shallowsport...prolly make it on $100 worth of gas vs what I think we're gonna shell out for this adventure! LOL

Also...I do plan on skurfing behind that whaler...all weight to the back...daddy needs some lift and push!
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

A friend of mine organized a trip completely around Texas by water. The Red River in air boats in 12 degree weather was a leg I'm glad I missed. I was on the Beaumont to Boca Chica. There's a movie of it somewhere.
                            I've made the run from Galveston to Port O four times. Not too bad a run in somebody else's boat! LOL
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                              A friend of mine organized a trip completely around Texas by water. The Red River in air boats in 12 degree weather was a leg I'm glad I missed. I was on the Beaumont to Boca Chica. There's a movie of it somewhere.
                              I've made the run from Galveston to Port O four times. Not too bad a run in somebody else's boat! LOL
                              I've made the run from Belize to Florida 2 times, and CC to Surfside, to Key West 1 time...can't be any worse than that! LOL
                              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                              X