468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double limit of reds in Bayou Cook today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double limit of reds in Bayou Cook today!

So I caught my limit of reds today by 10am. Just like on Wednesday, they were wall to wall. rat doubles all over the place with a few oversized mixed in. Every once in a while I got what I was looking for. 16-18inchers! I threw back several 24inchers to get the chance at these babies. When I filled my limit, I came over to my friend's camp and helped out with some work, then he got me frying up 3 gallons of oysters for everyone. Talk about good! About 4pm I got the call from my friend Kurt to pick him up at the marina.

I picked him up and we were immediately in the trout, but nothing but dinks. We headed back to the redfish grounds and he caught his limit too, with a little help from me.

Tomorrow we'll hit the trout spots and see what happens. If it were me, we'd just go catch and release reds. Gotta hit the hay, Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

I likes me some fried oysters and I wish Tx would lower the size limits on or little Red problem. Have fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

where are the pics Sandy????
      love dem LA REDFISH!!!!!!
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
        where are the pics Sandy????
        love dem LA REDFISH!!!!!!
        More pix!!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sounds like you are having a blast up there Coach!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'm way too exhausted for anything more than a quick report. Today's take, 2 nice drum, several large reds (returned to procreate), 34 keeper trout. Could have had our 50 fish limit easy, but I was being snobby. I wouldn't keep any trout unless it made 14 inches. We tried to keep track today and we counted over 300 trout caught. I am tired of fishing. Last night at my buddy's camp was ROUGH. Had to sleep in a sun lounger. I usually take pride in being able to sleep anywhere. But I didn't get more than 2 hours in that contraption. For the first time ever, I really feel 38 years old today. Pics and story when I get back to Texas.

PS: I met some nice Texans at my buddy's camp. At least one of them should be joining us here soon. Oddly enough, he fishes Titlum-Tatlum regularly. Small world, ain't it?
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              Pics and story when I get back to Texas.
              I am looking forward to both.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                I'm way too exhausted for anything more than a quick report. Today's take, 2 nice drum, several large reds (returned to procreate), 34 keeper trout. Could have had our 50 fish limit easy, but I was being snobby. I wouldn't keep any trout unless it made 14 inches. We tried to keep track today and we counted over 300 trout caught. I am tired of fishing. Last night at my buddy's camp was ROUGH. Had to sleep in a sun lounger. I usually take pride in being able to sleep anywhere. But I didn't get more than 2 hours in that contraption. For the first time ever, I really feel 38 years old today. Pics and story when I get back to Texas.

PS: I met some nice Texans at my buddy's camp. At least one of them should be joining us here soon. Oddly enough, he fishes Titlum-Tatlum regularly. Small world, ain't it?
                Way to go Sandy and "you suck" lol
                Finfisher

Comment

Here's the best I could do sunday 26 1/2" 5 1/4#'s
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'd post the full report now guys, but it's got to wait. My carpal tunnel syndrome is killing me right now. Can't even play MS. Pacman.

Comment

What fun and good eats !!
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X