West Bay under the lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay under the lights

Arrived in Galveston Saturday afternoon got boat in water and ready to fish on sunday morning. Turned on fishing lights on dock and the bait was everywhere right at dark. waited another half hour to fish and my sister beat me to em. second cast she put a 24"red fish in the box and in the next 10 cast using fresh caught shad she released 2 small specks a sting ray and a 10" croaker. I tied on a plum chartruese minnow and from 9:30 to 12:30 caught lots of undersized trout and put 4 in box all in the 15-18" range. had a jack hit a silver rattletrap and broke the hook off. FUN

Headed out sunday am kind of exporing the bay. Fished green cut in the off collored water and caught 1 under sized red on live shrimp under popping cork. Water was cristal clear next to cut but lots of grass and piggies made short drift then went in to check on wive and kiddo.

hit the lights again last night and sister beat me to em again. before i could grab a rod she had a very fat 19" trout in box. but she let me down she fished another hour along with my dad and nephew not even a bite on bait. my daughter swears she can catch one on gummy worms. She tried gummy worm on jig head and got a hit but no fish she got bored and ate the bait. i caught 3 nice specks on silver chartreuse tko shrimp and a Plum chartreuse minnow. they bit alittle better on the shrimp.

can't wait to try again tonight

mg

Nice work, thanks for the report!

Comment

I may have to try the gummi worms, but I think the gummi bears work better! LOL
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
        I may have to try the gummi worms, but I think the gummi bears work better! LOL
        I'm more partial to the Swedish fish. Haha
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Are you fishing green lights or an overhead light?

Comment

We have one of each light on the dock. Hard to get bite on green lite. But I think the tko shrimp free lined produced more strikes on greenlite than any other.

Comment

We tried gummi bears and my nephew thinks they scare the fish. Back to the worms.

Comment

the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                X