Anegada Report (and video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anegada Report (and video)

I came down with high hopes of an early pilchard run, which brings the tarpon in. Ordinarily, the run begins around the first of October, but the run began in early July last year. Here we are coming into September and nothing yet.

So - haven't seen a tarpon.

We did go out trolling on the reef using soft plastic swim baits and caught a few. I have video, but it won't be uploaded until sometime tomorrow.

When we got in, we decided to fish from the front yard tonight. So, I went to what I call "the bait store". The inland salt ponds here are connected to the sea by a single outlet, which we call "the creek". The creek is my bait store for cut bait. I fly fish there for ladyfish, which we cut and use for snapper and shark from the front yard.

We got two nice snapper tonight and a small blacktip shark. I took photos. Unfortunately, I took photos without the memory card in my camera.

For grins, I took my GoPro camera to the bait store and got some video of fly fishing for ladyfish. In the video, I am using my "fun rod". It is a TFO 7'6" 6wt TiCrX. This rod has literally caught thousands of fish. The video shows why.

Watch closely at 1:40 in the video. I actually hook two ladyfish at the same time on one fly. You have to look closely when they jump - there are two fish on the same fly - with a #8 hook! Unfortunately, I lost them right at the edge - my leader broke.

Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
    and
    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

I need to invest in a GoPro.

Comment

I guess Irene didn't mess anything up too bad Walker. Dat's good news. Great to see you back on here by the way.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

'nice!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

haha those things just get slung to the shore.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Walker, awesome stuff

Comment

Very cool Walker! Thanks
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good post Walker
                Keep em coming
                Can't wait to see the Tarpon posts this year
                Jealous
                Finfisher

Comment

Nice! Cant wait to see the Tarpon video soon!!!
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to future vids. Glad to hear from you and Anegada
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                      Nice! Cant wait to see the Tarpon video soon!!!
                      Dude - that makes two of us!
                      Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                      and
                      Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Working...
                      X