468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 MPH winds tomorrow, 44 on sat. - Who's down to surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 MPH winds tomorrow, 44 on sat. - Who's down to surf?

Going out tomorrow waves should be pretty good - forecast calls for head-high from the swell we are getting from the low in front of Alabama/Lousianna/etc.

I'm driving and I have 5 boards to choose from so take your pick - range from shortboards to one long one. Come on there's gotta be some old timers out there on the forums who surf!

Some motivational photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	hurricanehannah.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	570186Click image for larger version

Name:	spi.jpg
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	570187Click image for larger version

Name:	hurricanesurf1.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	570188Click image for larger version

Name:	hurricanehannah1.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	570189Click image for larger version

Name:	surfing-katrina-108.jpg
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	570190

I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

I've got 2 boards but my boars is trashed and I was never very good at it. The other one is surf able. But a last I can't make it.
    75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSpoonGeneral View Post
      I've got 2 boards but my boars is trashed and I was never very good at it. The other one is surf able. But a last I can't make it.
      Aw that's no bueno!
      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Yea I need to see if I can't reapir one it's got some deep gashes on the bottom.
        75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Typical texas windblown mush is my prediction.

Comment

I used to man... Wished i could stll do it. IRemember the days of road tripping to gorda for clean swells...
            Team Tres Compadres
            Chris H.

"Clear Skies and Tight Lines"

Comment

Windsurfing.....That is the ticket!

Comment

I will be busy nailing some bass on Lake Travis!

Comment

The only way to surf texas is to drive to ticla
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                    Yessir. Double overhead and reeling. Ticla and nexpa will make your legs hurt on a big south swell. Pascuales will make everything hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                      Hey deano! Who was it that had their guts sticking out of their stomach that big day at nexpa. Gary showed us a video a while back. All I remember seeing was some dude crawling up the beach coughing and gagging.

Comment

victory at sea!
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortystillsurfs View Post

wurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortystillsurfs View Post
                            Apparently you didn't check the forecast.

We are getting northerly winds tomorrow which cleans up the surf, doesn't make the surf choppy. Strong south-eastish/westish (ENE too) winds build up/chop up the surf and the northerly winds clean it. For Texas, it's good. For any other part of the world with halfway decent waves it's considered crap - lol. We are getting a ground swell and of course built up surf from the winds which will get pretty organized with the northerly winds tomorrow.

It will be clean and lined up for sat./sun.

Source: http://www.gtownsurf.com (also a good fishing site for checking the Galveston surf)
                            Last edited by ubermensch1324; September 2, 2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I check it every day. It appears it is northish today. As you said good is a relative term.
                              When I surf here I always find my self whishing it was bigger or faster or standing up more or less windy. Unfortunatley, I spoiled myself years ago in the Pacific. But shortystillsurfs and if it gets clean I will see you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X