Wildfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildfires

Here's a view of the skyline of Austin, just to put things into perspective...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

That is surreal. We need rain. A nice good steady rain tho

Comment

Pray for storm rain lots of it!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

It's horrible. I have friends up there like many do. Prayers sent.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Pray the firefighters that are fighting this new bigger fire in waller. I have several of my friends that are in the way of this fire. Pray for rain!

Comment

Wow the fire is now moving in a north direction now. I have a friend who is fighting this thing now. If I can figure out how to moves some pictures I will post them.

Comment

If you guys are interested go to waller county fire info page on Facebook and they have up to date info going on right now and all evacuations that are happening.

Comment

This is bad with no end in sight!
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                  This is bad with no end in sight!
                  Exactly what I was thinking.....with no rain in sight.
                  TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

lots of smoke here at work in ft.bend co.
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I am in waller right now and there is a ton of smoke here.

Comment

I cannot understand why our fearless leader, BHO, has done NOTHING to have the Feds assist. Please advise if I am wrong on this, but I've seen very little national news coverage and only that BHO gave his "condolences" to the folks that have been affected. Obviously he HATES Texas and again shows his POS azz. But the Yankees are probably getting Filet Mignon with Far Niente Wine served to them in the east for that Flooding bullshit. I am voting ABO-Anybody But Obama.

WTH is the National Guard, some planes and helos to drop water on these fires? Isn't that a main reason for Gummint-to serve and protect its own citizens?
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

They have a plane which can hold 13000 gals of water but they say they have no one qualified to drive it.

Comment

Robalo it is true that Obama sent down a bunch of FEMA staff and they're cutting checks already. Governor Perry and Lt. Gov. Dewhurst have spoken with Obama about the need for money to help with the Texas Forestry Service and the thousands of displaced and burned-out homeowners. Red Cross has spent a very serious bunch of money. I am not sure if the Texas or National Guard has resources on the scene or not, but there are quite a few bulldozers on the scene. There some kind of emergency responder Texas Task Force and we sent some boys up from South Texas yesterday. I get the impression from Gov. Perry that even with the budget cuts, the Fed will come through and some money from the Rainy Day Fund can be tapped as well. All want to prove their responsible emergency managers because ... well you know, it's an election year.

Comment

Thanks Swells So far I aint heard much Federal help/resources to help to put out the fires-seems like a lot of Texas locals and volunteers and no National Guard. I heard about the pilot issue-that seems somewhat incredulous with all the AF Bases here. Heck in Needville a cropduster was dispersing water on the hot spots. I know that we have some excellent Pilots at Randolph (sheeit, we trained a lot of the World's pilots there), so why isn't some AF Pilots flying the available plane? Me no unnnerstan??
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X