Well I did it I fell off the dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I did it I fell off the dock

Was parking the boat and it when one way and I went the other as. I was stepping off to tie the rope.

I sliced a toe open. Shredded the skin on one arm a little and ripped the skin off another in a silver dollars size on the other. Also I bounced the side of my head off the dock itself before I hit the water. So need less to say I am not feeling the greatest but I'm still going fishing today.

Anyone else ever fall off a dock....and no I was not drunk.
    75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Clean them wounds

Comment

haha yes when i was ten my rod doubled over and i sprinted over to it and went straight in for a dang hardhead....

Comment

Glad you're not hurt worse...and Yes I have eaten it a few times...

My favorite falls have come when I simply took a misstep right off the boat and next thing you know I'm looking UP at the bottom of my boat...people who haven't fallen or taken a good spill haven't fished enough!
        sigpic

Comment

I fell off the dock and into the boat, made a comment about I was lucky to not fall in the water, then I got up and slipped and went overboard. Clean the wounds x2
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Yea direct.y after words we ran bleach HP and alky. On it.
            75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Docks are a good source of staph bacteria, so watch your wounds carefully. I've seen my share of people doing what you did and having very serious complications.

Years ago I was in POC and very drunk, standing on the dock at Doc's. We were loading up a low side Outrage and somehow I fell off the dock and landed across the gunnel. It broke three or four ribs, but it didn't bother me too much until I sobered up a few days later......lol
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

'ya i was fishing by myself and tied the boat up went and got shrimp and was tking the bucket back, and tripped on the cleat, not my favorite moment in life lol, glad your head didnt get to bad on the fall
                I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Ouch! Watch them cuts, and congrats on making a funny story.

I was thinking this was gonna be a post about hard liquor and Blockade Runners...

Comment

Lol yea all the guys at the camp were laughing their asses off.

Comment

Been there done that!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Glad you're ok and keeping an eye on the wounds. Just like Hammer, been there, done that....a few times! The last was trying to set the stake-out stick in the sand. The boat kept drifting and I'm trying to press down with my arms while holding the boat with my feet. SPLASH! Hurt like hell, but my partner gave me a cold beer and a 10 for great form.

Comment

I never fell off a dock. I've fallen off the porch though. And I wasn't drunk either.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I did'nt fall in but did fall between the 16in dock and the bulkhead at Eagle Point.Jamed my wrist pretty bad,fishing was over for that day.

Comment

Anyone that has owned a boat and claims they haven't taken a plunge is just plain lye'n. lol
                              Been there done that, will probably do it again.

2 most likely things most fisher(wo)men will fall off dock/boat and bar stools.
                              -----------------------
                              .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

Working...
                              X