Weekend report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend report

Well I headed out this weekend to fish. Saturday morning the weather was perfect. Glass bays waters and water in decent condition. It was picth dark so I decided to stop outside 2004 bridge. Threw some mullet and in 15 mintes it was on!!! Had 12-13 slot reds and 6-7 undersize. Limited out by 7am. Could not resist and stayed another hour handing out sore lips to em. Left out of that spot went to met Sneaky and Super Spook. They had 4 trout each and Spook had a sweet stringer of some heavy fish. I caught another red and 2 trout before I could get out of the boat. We drank a few beers and made another wade throwing Pink Skitterwalks and Chocohoe minnows. We had alot of blow ups just no more takers. I headed in around 2pm.

Sunday took a quick ride out to see if I could pick repeat Saturday. Wind was howling so I ducked up in new bayou. I had no takers. Headed back in around 8:30am. I stopped by the Bubble Barrier and picked up 22" red and a 17" flatties. I had a few others spit the hook on me. Headed in around 10am.

Overall it was not a bad weekend. I can't wait to get back out this week. I am looking forward to the transition into winter patterns.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

thanks for the report
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

good job fellas!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Awesome report sounds like fun!

Trying out chocolate bayou in the yak with a friend tomorrow (both have white long sleeved shirts) so if you're out give us a shout. If you have any general tips/advice on the bayou PM me before you wake tomorrow, it'll be our first time so not too familiar with the area. Gonna look for baitfish, slicks, etc. and give it hell!
        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

uber: Where are you guys putting in?

Comment

awesome day with with good friends!
            Last edited by SUPER SPOOK; September 25, 2011, 10:37 PM.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice trout SSpook. I need to meet up with you and Sneaky sometime.
              I'm guessing you caught the trout fishing reefs.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

That sounds like one heck of a good time! Nice report!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice going Ray, SS and Sneakypete.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

wading north shoreline,mud with some shell,4 to 5 feet of water

Comment

Heres the pics of Sneakys trout and my reds. Included one of my 14 year old newphew driving the boat and one of Sneakys boat too.
                      Attached Files
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Great pictures. Your nephew looks like he knows what he is doing.
                        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

he can load it on the trailer better than most people at the ramp.

Comment

Good trip guys dami miss home but itsfun here in coaches land
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by ubermensch1324 View Post
                              Awesome report sounds like fun!

Trying out chocolate bayou in the yak with a friend tomorrow (both have white long sleeved shirts) so if you're out give us a shout. If you have any general tips/advice on the bayou PM me before you wake tomorrow, it'll be our first time so not too familiar with the area. Gonna look for baitfish, slicks, etc. and give it hell!
                              My first tip would be to get out of the white shirts andinto kakie or green just sayen
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X