Ok, so quick help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so quick help....

I got a $100 to spend on a new rod n reel and I would like to know what's the best bang for my buck. Something that can handle good sized reds, etc..

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
    InKed Angler

Originally posted by smooth move
    i would look for a used curado with a rod on some of the sites classified sec. you'll get a quality set up for the price of a lesser new rig.
    x2. I'd personally just save a little more and purchase a new curado if you can't find one on CL. Had one of mine since I was 16 and it's still goin strong! It's a great investment.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

What are you looking for spinning or baitcast.
      sigpicBiggiest trout ive caught (baffin bay)

Comment

Thank you for responses. Baitcast preferably.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
        InKed Angler

Comment

For a spinning reel combo with a 120$ will get you something good, but for a baitcast reel combo Ill with the above safe up a bit more, last week I went to ftu and they still had the curados for 139$.

Comment

Actually ftu had a combo with a corado on a shimano rod for 189$, thats cheap, plus they just did inventory so they migth have sales, but you have to go by and look.

Comment

Go to academy and drop 50 bucks on an H2O mettle. I'll put em up against a curado any day -- and for the 50 bucks you'd spend getting a curado cleaned and replacing bearings once a year you can throw the mettle away and buy a new one. As far as rods castaway and american rodsmith both have models for ~ 50 bucks that will handle most any fish you throw at em -- also available at academy.

Not saying this is anywhere as nice as a custom setup but for a 100 bucks you cant beat it.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

X2 on what Ibtsoom said!Around thanksgiving they should be on sale as well.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

btw sport's and outdoors will put whatever kinda line on the new reel to.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Shimano Curado 200-E7 Baitcast Reel : $129.99 @ Academ I have a couple of almost new allstar rods i can let go for around 30.00, like Ibtsoom said you can pick up a new rod for about 20.00 dollars more

Comment

Working...
                    X