When does the Flounder action take off?I move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the Flounder action take off?I move

I moved to Houston in April. When do the Reds and Flounder start running? I've heard the bull reds are at the jetties?

Also, where are some good kayak/wade spots for flounder? Is cold pass/titlum tatlum any good for Flounder and bull reds?

thats a good spot for flounder,reds in the surf and jetties.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Flounder can be found anywhere there is a drop off and structure! New penny gulp shrimp in 3" works well as does most soft plastics single or double hopped slowly along the bottom with a light jig-head. You should PM silver wolf that guys the flounder king lol. It seems every time he catches fish there's about a 50% chance of it being a flounder ha ha.
      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Run has started picked up some 22" at a run hole in west bay yesterday before we got blown out, should be really picking up next week or so. look for them along the ICW should be in the ship channel in couple of weeks. I only use Flounder Pounders.
        Last edited by Lori77563; October 7, 2011, 06:39 PM.
        -----------------------
        .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

I will be dragging my 6 inch plus live mullet and gulp tandem rig all over seawolf! The days get shorter the flounder get frisky!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I remember a few years ago we catching flounders like crazy in jones lake, and for a kayak angler you can unload at fatboys, I'm waiting for reds but this winds arent helping.
            sigpicBiggiest trout ive caught (baffin bay)

Comment

yep, been catching them for a couple of weeks now.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

You're late titlum tatlum is a great spot to kayak around for hardheads & flounder.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The main run starts once the water temps drop. We need another couple of fronts & things should be on FIRE!
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

thanks for the compliment sonny. you can catch flounder all year round. i've caught them at dollar, seabrook, lagoon, 8 mile rd. i've learned throughout the years that not all the flounder leave the bays. february is my hardest month to catch flounder or any fish. you have to fish inbetween the fronts, wind, and rain. inbetween those, you can catch fish. just slow it way down for the winter. hope this helps. Lord Bless.
                    robert
                    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Thanksgiving ! Thats all I got to say !
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                      X