Surf fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf fishing

Have some friends coming in from Dallas and wanted to do some surf fishing. Anyone have any reports?
    -----------------------
    .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Joe Kent did today-"Saturday, Robert Hamrick and his son Lee fished the surf and ended up with two slot reds, two sand trout and lots of hardheads."

I'd hit the bay/jetties-but not Chocolate since Muddskipper sent 1/2 of Houston to there in his Joe Kent report!!! MS likes to see folks running into each other.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

We caught some bull sharks off the beach at SLP less than a week ago. I'm sure the reds are out there too, but we were using shark rigs.

Comment

Yesterday, a coworker showed me a couple of pics of some bull reds he and his son caught in Surfside.

Comment

I know a bull red was caught near Jamaica Beach last week...they may start running
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like they are around!

Comment

The bull reds are definately around in the surf, me and Steve (FWE member sfef84) have caught and released 2 40+ inchers in the past week, one was last night. That's if you can get through the army of gafftops... We were using live finger mullet. Here's a few pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	stevered.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	555780 Click image for larger version

Name:	charliered.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	555779

Comment

last year gorda was the place to be for reds.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

The bulls have been running. Over the past couple of weeks we have caught 6-8 in the 40+ range at SLP on cut mullet. will post up a few pics if I can figure out how to get them from facebook to here any help would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Miles View Post
                    The bulls have been running. Over the past couple of weeks we have caught 6-8 in the 40+ range at SLP on cut mullet. will post up a few pics if I can figure out how to get them from facebook to here any help would be nice.
                    Hey Miles, just right click on the pics in Facebook, and save em to your desktop, then just upload em here. We tried again last night, nothing but monster gafftops and a few blacktips...

Comment

Will do thanks for the tip. This front should set off some action in the surf.

Comment

A CAR WASH NEARBY.. LOL..

There are probably some bulls being caught and not being talked about too much.. fish close to the passes or the jetties and i'd bet you'd get your cork pulled under.. metaphorically speaking of course.. .but for trout.. they're waiting for the shrimp in the bays... at least that would be a higher percentage move anyway
                        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing03.jpg
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	555796Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing02.jpg
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	555795Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing.jpg
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	555794Okay think I've got it here are some pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing04.jpg
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	555793

Comment

Working...
                          X