High Pressure Fishing- 11/4/11 Report + Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pressure Fishing- 11/4/11 Report + Great Day

Post-front fishing sucks...unless you know where to find the fish. My uncle kept a journal of his fishing adventures. I recently found it among his belongings in the attic which I never knew existed since his passing years ago. Going through it, he noted that while post-front fishing isn't as good as pre-front or anything else, fish can still be caught in deeper waters. His descriptions of his catches and locations helped me choose my spot for today. I got off work at 1 and made my way down to my location. I was fishing a steep ledge that went from 2 feet to 6+. There were some bait flipping occasionally in deeper water. Using the hackberry in morning glory I casted along this ledge. For the most part, I was just trying something new and trying to burn time before the FWE meeting. 10 minutes in, a fish hit the hackberry on the rise and took off. After a fun fight, the red measured 16 or 17, but was a beautiful specimen. The tail was a neon blue and the scales were a shimmering golden tan. I released him back to grow some more.

A few casts in, i'm still working in the same spot. I should have moved up by now, but I had some gut feeling that there were some flounder to be found. My gut feeling turned out to be right. I felt a *tick* on the line. Counted to 10 and set the hook. FISH ON! Pulled up a 17 inch flounder. I netted him and out comes my hackberry. Close call! Put him on the stringer for my aunt. Next cast, two quick jigs...*tick* *tick*...set my rod tip down...gave it a 10 count and set the hook sideways. FISH ON AGAIN! This one ripped some drag and ran away. It came up and it was a nice 20+ fat flattie. Reached for my net...she opened her mouth a swam away. GAHHHHH. Next cast, I had a hit but no hook-up. I brought up my hackberry and there was another flounder following it in. She turned around and gave me a tail wave. Disappointment! Later, I hooked onto a smaller 16 inch flounder by some pilings. This one spit the hook too, but I lunged for it and netted him before he got away. (ninja moves)

Packed up and went to the FWE meeting and had a great time meeting a bunch of members. Then, found out that I won some drawing TTF had on 2cool* for a 100 dollar BPS gift card. Great way to end the week!

*I go there for the contests :P
    Resident Ninja

Good story dude...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report and congrats on the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thinking them ol salts know they're chit!!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to go Jhua! Looked like the meeting was fun too!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Fun times there.

Comment

Nice Job Bro, sometimes i feel that i need to count to 20 just to get a better hook set, Ninja Moves Good Job. Go back to work on Wednesday,maybe we can Hook up before i hit the boat

Comment

Great report....Thanks!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Awesome report as usual. Thanks!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

That journal probably moved you ahead 10+ years as a fisherman. That is an awesome find and I guarantee he would have given it to you anyways. He was 110% right about the pre vs post front fishing. I watched the barometric pressure drop pre-front and then read everybodys awesome reports. The front passes through, the pressure loads up again and only rats and dinks will bite aggressively while the better fish slow down and move deeper.

I like the ninja flounder swoop move. Sick!!

Comment

Great read, and glad you found some.
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice going!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                        X