468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any feed back on new shimanoes baitcasters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feed back on new shimanoes baitcasters???

Im wanting to know are they as smooth as a well tuned curado bsf or a chronarch 100 casting ,reeling, and the drag .

well since they are now making them in malaysia and the price is going up and the quality is going down, i assume a lot of people will not be happy, I am personally pissed off at shimano, and switched to the new revo by abu and so far it's awesome and lighter than any shimano, and my last reel was the core.

Comment

I bought a chronarch last year. It has been solid and hel dup well so far. Im looking at buying a new chonard very soon. Chronarch or the new Lews
      Team Tres Compadres
      Chris H.

"Clear Skies and Tight Lines"

Comment

You in the market for a new reel, as if you don't have enough already.lol
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

The chronarch e series feel fine. It's the new curados and citicas that feel cheaper.

Comment

Was just at academy and the new chronarch looks and feels exactlt like my curado, painted white.

The abu revo was on sale for $99 and it felt .more solid, made less internal movemen when i shook it in my hand and when i gave the handle a.spin, it spun for like 5 seconds amd felt buttery smooth. The chronarch spun for half a second. Both with spool pressure 100% relieved

Comment

maybe the old revos, the new revo mgx is not 99 dollars, I wish it was. And the comment about the curado painted white is accurate from my research. a citica is now a canen, a chronarch is now a curado, so on a so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by sfef84 View Post
                Was just at academy and the new chronarch looks and feels exactlt like my curado, painted white.

The abu revo was on sale for $99 and it felt .more solid, made less internal movemen when i shook it in my hand and when i gave the handle a.spin, it spun for like 5 seconds amd felt buttery smooth. The chronarch spun for half a second. Both with spool pressure 100% relieved
                Pretty much is the same as the Curado 50E and I have both.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I hate to say this but i think the 200e7 curados are going to be the last ones that are quality made........

Comment

Originally posted by scumLORD View Post
                    well since they are now making them in malaysia and the price is going up and the quality is going down, i assume a lot of people will not be happy, I am personally pissed off at shimano, and switched to the new revo by abu and so far it's awesome and lighter than any shimano, and my last reel was the core.
                    Yeah, I cast pretty far and he outcasts me by about 15-20 yards consistently with that Revo. I personally won't be buying the new shimano and if I do step it up I think I'll be on the Revo train thanks to scummy. Sh*t's stupid good.

I still love the 50e as it's small and fits my hand better but I will probably be switching off come Christmas/early next year to get a little more distance.
                    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                      You in the market for a new reel, as if you don't have enough already.lol
                      Yeah I was thinking the same thing. You only have two hands!
                      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

I like the ch 100 a the gold one ,it was the best
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

After using my new Corrado , just bought Friday, I recommend this reel to all trout Redfish and flounder fisherman , you can underhand cast as far as you can overhand cast
                          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

i had the new green curado 200e7, but i just got the $50 silver h2o and i think the h2o casts just as good and its retrieval is just as smooth IMO, and is over half as cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
                              After using my new Corrado , just bought Friday, I recommend this reel to all trout Redfish and flounder fisherman , you can underhand cast as far as you can overhand cast
                              What if you fish for gafftop?

Comment

Working...
                              X